IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

removed ASCv5

it does work good for a free utility package however i removed it for the following reason:

it does however give a false grade of C or lower if you do not use it often enough. i feel this is just so it can check your computer and send information out.

i used it on a completely new self build with WIN7 Home premium 64bit and it gave me a C after 4 days. this machine was never on internet and had no other programes installed during this testing.

after i used the 'recommended action' quick repair it found no real problems imo but gave me an A after i allowed it to 'clean my system up'.

6 days later it gave me a D and it was still the only programe on the machine other than WIN7. i immediatly uninstalled. also wiped HD and reinstalled Win7 as who knows what else this programe may have put in my machine.

yes the computer used was never on internet. the programe was installed and updated from flash drive. the original dl was from the iobit site.

if anyone can tell me why it gives a low grade other then to 'read and send' info from my machine it would be appreciated.

it does work good for a free utility package however i removed it for the following reason:

it does however give a false grade of C or lower if you do not use it often enough. i feel this is just so it can check your computer and send information out.

i used it on a completely new self build with WIN7 Home premium 64bit and it gave me a C after 4 days. this machine was never on internet and had no other programes installed during this testing.

after i used the 'recommended action' quick repair it found no real problems imo but gave me an A after i allowed it to 'clean my system up'.

6 days later it gave me a D and it was still the only programe on the machine other than WIN7. i immediatly uninstalled. also wiped HD and reinstalled Win7 as who knows what else this programe may have put in my machine.

yes the computer used was never on internet. the programe was installed and updated from flash drive. the original dl was from the iobit site.

if anyone can tell me why it gives a low grade other then to 'read and send' info from my machine it would be appreciated.

ASC will not install any other programs. It will give you links to other IOBIT programs... at which time you may choose to install the IOBIT programs or not.

The Performance evaluation currently displayed on the main GUI of ASC does not reflect the true state of your machine!!! Hopefully this will be fixed. I can steer you to some other threads about this if you wish! It tends to give recommendation based only on the time-frame that you have run ASC scans.

Welcome

Welcome to the forum :smile:

i used it on a completely new self build with WIN7 Home premium 64bit and it gave me a C after 4 days. this machine was never on internet and had no other programes installed during this testing........

Advanced SystemCare free is used on demand, it does not have the AutoCare feature so it is not continually checking and cleaning the computer in the background. It can't know for certain if your computer needs cleaning until you do a scan.

The only 'suggestion' ASC could make would be to do a scan after a certain period of time, I don't think 4 days is too frequent.

If you are using the free version you should run a scan at regular intervals or after doing a lot of browsing or installing or uninstalling etc

......after i used the 'recommended action' quick repair it found no real problems imo but gave me an A after i allowed it to 'clean my system up'....

You got an A because you had done a scan.

Most anti-virus software will give a warning if the user doesn't do a scan for a certain period. That warning is not telling the user there is a virus on the computer, it is simply suggesting that a scan be done. After a scan is done the anti-virus will report that all is good just like ASC reported an A

Is this a bad thing? I don't think so.

....6 days later it gave me a D.....

6 days is a long time between scans. See my first answer

I hope that is what I have done :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Most anti-virus software will give a warning if the user doesn't do a scan for a certain period

a warning that a scan/update is overdue is not the same a saying that a machine is in a bad state.

6 days is a long time between scans.

while this is true of a machine that is in use a new built one that is sitting on shelf and not beibg used or connected to internet should require no scan of any kind as long as it is in that state.

i scan the machine i use on a daily basis sometimes 2 times a day, i also use a combination of 'real time scanner' and scan on demand to verify that any downloads are free of virus/malware. [ and yes i do have an extra tinfoil hat if you need one ]

The Performance evaluation currently displayed on the main GUI of ASC does not reflect the true state of your machine!!! Hopefully this will be fixed

thank you for this answer,

when it is 'fixed' i will reinstall it as it is a good all in one utility.

I feel this is just so it can check your computer and send information out.

Maybe you should not be using a computer at all.

All good software sends information back to the developer. IMO people who turn this ability off when given the option to are being overly paranoid.

That is one of the reasons that I am exclusively using W8-DP on my small network. I know that MSFT is getting back information to help them make the product better prior to W8 RTM.

Getting real-time information from their software is one of the key sources for improving their products.

I don't know what IObit does in this regard, but IMO it is a very good to do. This is contrasted with some software that tracks and uploads personal information, which is not a good thing.

Archived