IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag V2.2 Slow to react to mouse clicks

GregH

Hi, I'm using Windows XP (SP2) with ASC V5 and I just installed Smart Defrag V2.2. What I don't understand is even a simple of task like clicking the Volume check box in the upper left corner takes the Smart Defrag V2.2 interface any where from 1-3 minutes to respond to key click. In the mean time I do other things and come back and it may or may not have changed yet. I hit something like Analayze and nothing seemingly happens for minutes. Then it blinks and updates the interface screen.

Is this normal and if not what can I do to get a more responsive interface?

I suspect it's doing what I ask the the lack of feedback leaves me wondering; did I or did I not click for an action.

Thanks, Greg

Hi GregH

Have you tried having it start with Windows as recommended?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, I'm using Windows XP (SP2) with ASC V5 and I just installed Smart Defrag V2.2. What I don't understand is even a simple of task like clicking the Volume check box in the upper left corner takes the Smart Defrag V2.2 interface any where from 1-3 minutes to respond to key click. In the mean time I do other things and come back and it may or may not have changed yet. I hit something like Analayze and nothing seemingly happens for minutes. Then it blinks and updates the interface screen.

Is this normal and if not what can I do to get a more responsive interface?

I suspect it's doing what I ask the the lack of feedback leaves me wondering; did I or did I not click for an action.

Thanks, Greg

Windows - Done

Yes it comes up with Windows.

After 2-3 reboots I’ve now noticed that when I click on a Drive the map actually came up (dots) in what seemed a normal time. It found a very few files fragment on C:. When I clicked the suggested perform a fast defrag (showing the cursor with finger) it appears like nothing is happening except if I put the cursor back on Fast defrag button the cursor shape stays like the pointer. 4-5 minutes latter it comes back. I then click on the second hard drive D: and 1 minute latter it comes back with no defrag needed.

The issue seems to be between these seemingly long pauses of activity there isn’t any indication the program is doing anything. This leave me wondering did I or didn’t I click the button or has it hung up.

To put it another way visually under version 1.5 I might see 100+ frames of activity while something is happening. Under version 2.2 I might see 1/10 the number of frames over a longer period. Under version 1.5 I might see the % go from 1,2,3,4%, etc. Instead under version 2.2 I see 0% then 1-2 minutes later it flashes and I see 3%, then 1-3 minutes later, and I might see 8%, etc. Thanks, Greg

Hi GregH

Are you saying that you try to run both version 1.5 and version 2.2 from the same machine and that you have them both start up with Windows???

If you want to use both don't let both start up with Windows and close down the version you don't want to use before trying to use the other version.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes it comes up with Windows.

After 2-3 reboots I’ve now noticed that when I click on a Drive the map actually came up (dots) in what seemed a normal time. It found a very few files fragment on C:. When I clicked the suggested perform a fast defrag (showing the cursor with finger) it appears like nothing is happening except if I put the cursor back on Fast defrag button the cursor shape stays like the pointer. 4-5 minutes latter it comes back. I then click on the second hard drive D: and 1 minute latter it comes back with no defrag needed.

The issue seems to be between these seemingly long pauses of activity there isn’t any indication the program is doing anything. This leave me wondering did I or didn’t I click the button or has it hung up.

To put it another way visually under version 1.5 I might see 100+ frames of activity while something is happening. Under version 2.2 I might see 1/10 the number of frames over a longer period. Under version 1.5 I might see the % go from 1,2,3,4%, etc. Instead under version 2.2 I see 0% then 1-2 minutes later it flashes and I see 3%, then 1-3 minutes later, and I might see 8%, etc. Thanks, Greg

Hi GregH,

Sorry for the inconvenience, :sad:please help us look into this issue.

1) In the first post, you said,"a simple of task like clicking the Volume check box in the upper left corner takes the Smart Defrag V2.2 interface any where from 1-3 minutes to respond to key click." Could you please take a screenshot of the trouble and send it to us, we will look into it.

Guide for Taking Screenshots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

2) Please provide us the detailed type information of the hard disk, it will help us look into it.

Thanks in advance!!!

Archived