IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows Live Mail Error

mcgraham89

Hello,

I've recently installed ASC 5 Pro, and after running the quick care I currently get an error when starting Windows Live Mail which is "Windows Live Mail could not be started. Closing Windows Live Mail. You Calendar contains corrupt data that is forcing Windows Live mail to Close (0x80004002).

It seems others are having issues with the Windows Live products as well. I have done several clean installations, and get the same results every time. I have also tried the Registry Fix that was in another thread to no avail. The only way I can recover my Windows Live mail is by doing a system restore from a previous date.

I'm currently running Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 64bit edition. Using AVG antivirus, and ASC 5 Pro with the updated patch that it prompts you to download.

Any help to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. I have not tried to install ASC 4 to see if the same issues arise but may do so. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Not sure if this helps or not, but I ran the Registry Cleaner Tool, rather than the quick or deep care and unchecked the ActiveX and Components scan and the issue does not occur. So the problem seems to be the scan in that option.

Hi mcgraham89!

I would leave those functions un-checked! I highly recommend you not repair any Items in the registry repair tool that are labeled "high" risk unless you are sure of their function! High risk means there is a high risk that the item is a vital component and that removing/altering it will damage your system. It is my hope that the Iobit developers will roll back the intrusiveness of ASC in upcoming versions or at least have a section for advanced users to utilize the more powerful functions so as not to damage peoples systems by default.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thank you for your response, and I have filled out the survey. I incorrectly assumed that since it identified those High Risk entries that it meant those items should be removed, because it identified so many problems (2700+).

Also, scanning those ActiveX and Components are enabled by default and the program recommends a Deep Scan, so I believe this is confusing for users running the program for the first time as the instinct is to repair errors that ASC has found. If that scan should not be run because it causes issues then it should be disabled by default IMO.

Thanks again for your reply and hopefully iobit will address the issue. I really like the program.

Hi mcgraham89,

Our engineers have developed a solution about this issue, please use the way below to fix this bug.;-)

1) Please use the rescue function of ASC to get the program work again.

Open ASC 5>> click the button "Rescue" >>choose one restore point (note: please set restore point to the time before the problem occurred)>>click "undo"button

2) Please download the ASC Fix.rar from the link below and extract it to get ASC Fix folder.

http://www.wikisend.com/download/635822/ASC%20Fix.rar

3) Please use the downloaded ASC.exe and Reg.dbd to replace the original ASC.exe and Reg.dbd in the program files of ASC.

Usual Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5

4) Lastly, please run ASC Deep Care as before, then help us check whether this issue can be reproduced or not.

Please let us know the result, if it still can not solve this issue, we will continue to work on it.;-)

I just tested this out Cicely, and it corrected the problem. Thank you very much. Will this be pushed out into an update? I have a family member who just bought the pro version, but they aren't very computer inclined so I told them to wait until an update is released. Thanks again. Nice to see a company address users issues.

Archived