IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Attention IObit

enoskype

I had this problem after I installed Smart Defrag. I did NOT click on 'do not install toolbar' and ESET had a big issue when I did a scan.

When I put MalwareFighterPRO on a few days ago I did NOT install the tool bar and I had no problem with ESET scan.

MalwareFighter is running well alongside ESET Smart Security and seems to work well together.

KOR-

Thank you for that info KOR! The only evidence I see of toolbars on his system is Last Pass toobar and Skype toolbar. I wonder if he had at one time installed the Iobit delivered toolbar? I will PM him to see and post back with his reply.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Yes, it was the tool-bar connected/bundled with the installation of IObit. I did not check the box deferring to have the tool bar installed. I usually do, but this time not, it was installed and that is when ESET did its thing and quarantined.

I believe the ESET notice had verbage with ....toolbar.... in the line of information.

It was not IObit asc.exe it was something about the tool-bar.

KOR-

I have just confirmed via PM that the ASC setup file was the one identified and removed by Eset. He had just downloaded it an hour before he ran Eset and had not run it yet.

His situation with ASC is that he had accidently corrupted ASC while manipulating skins. He was preparing to uninstall his old ASC and re-install it after Superdave was through helping him with his malware. He downloaded ASC and left it on his machine but didn't run it. Then Eset removed it!

I'll PM Cicely so that she is sure to see this thread!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

ESET NOD 32 always flags this toolbar.

We have asked the toolbar provider to contact ESET NOD 32 and solve this issue already.

The response of today from toolbar provider is:

"To give you an update, we've established contact with the CEO of North America so progress has been made, however because of the holiday (people are in an out of the office there between Christmas and New Years), it's taking a bit longer with the communication. It's priority #1 for us, so please give us a few more days."

So we still need to wait for several more days to get this issue resolved.:sad:

Hi Cicely!

Eset is removing the entire ASC application!!!:-( Not just flagging the toolbar!

IObit, please check THIS post in Spyware-Malware Removal Help! section.

ESET Online Scan shows ASC-setup file as:

asc-setup.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi application

and deletes/quarantines it.

Cheers.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Melvin,

YES. It removes the entire application. But the detailed information show us that the cause is the toolbar. So we are pushing the toolbar provider to contact ESET to solve this issue.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience brought to all our users.

Archived