IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Got a pb....

titou56

Hi Titou!

This is not clear to me can you elaborate please? "...For a couple of days : Windows updates both ASC 5 update ?"

What actions did you try? And what function of ASC did you perform before you experienced this problem? Are you still using the pro version?

Sorry I have only questions at this point, need more information!!:-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. Sorry it took so long for one of us to get back to you!!:sad:

Hi Mel :wink:

OK... Since the recents updates of Windows (Net Framework 4) and ASC 5 pro 5.1.196 conducted in the wake, I see a loss of all my desktop icons at reboot.

I restored my icons from "Iconoïd" backup ...

But drag and drop on the trash does not work. It makes the bin moved to an other place of the screen.

Vista SP2, Antivir Premium 2012, ASC 5.1 Pro, IMF 1.3 Pro, (+ CC & Mbam). System scanned : nothing found.

Thank you for your suggestions, I believe there is a key to modify in register...

Very best regards

Did the problem first occur after the Windows update or the usage of the new version of ASC?

What is your Operating System?

EDIT:

Vista SP2, Antivir Premium 2012, ASC 5.1 Pro, IMF 1.3 Pro, (+ CC & Mbam). System scanned : nothing found.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Mel,

System booted with rescue Antivir CD, analysed : no item.

restarted and deeply scanned :

- Antivir advert : [NOTE] A memory change was detected, which could potentially be misused to access hidden files.

- Mbam notice : no item

System restarted :

- no Icon on desktop !

- in the tray : sound icon and network icon losts !

Properties by right clic is without effect or checkbox are greyed out

I can't create any icon on desktop

Iconoïd program restore my desktop and icons positions. Then I can drag and drop any object and create icon.

but the bin icon refuses any object with drag and drop. I have to open right click menu.

but Network and sound icons are not displayed

I believe ASC or IMF or Windows recent updates is involved...

best regards

Hi titou

My guess is that it is some settings in ASC that have changed in the new version - did you do a clean install?

If you do a clean install you have to configure your setting anew and it is always a good idea to check if they are the same as in the previous version!

Also remember the Ignore list option!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. do you live alongside the river? Had any trouble with floods?

By the name it should be a quick flowing river?

Hi Mel,

System booted with rescue Antivir CD, analysed : no item.

restarted and deeply scanned :

- Antivir advert : [NOTE] A memory change was detected, which could potentially be misused to access hidden files.

- Mbam notice : no item

System restarted :

- no Icon on desktop !

- in the tray : sound icon and network icon losts !

Properties by right clic is without effect or checkbox are greyed out

I can't create any icon on desktop

Iconoïd program restore my desktop and icons positions. Then I can drag and drop any object and create icon.

but the bin icon refuses any object with drag and drop. I have to open right click menu.

but Network and sound icons are not displayed

I believe ASC or IMF or Windows recent updates is involved...

best regards

solution

Hi Solbjerg :wink:

I live rather far ( 20km ) from the biggest french river : Rhône and ( 5 km ) from a big affluent : Isère.

So we are safe and dry, here ! the known risk is earthquake or nuclear... :-(

here is the way I, for the moment, solved the issue :

The solution was to close the explorer by Right click on the taskbar -> Task Manager -> Processes tab. Then must find `` Explorer.exe, right click and End Process.

The taskbar and windows vista closes, there is only the manager and the background screen.

Then in the manager -> Applications tab -> New Task ... -> Typed "Explorer.exe".

Vista comes with its icons,

This worked very well. So if that can help!

Very best regards

Hi titou

Neat solution to the immediate problem, but take a look at the settings in ASC before running a clean-up, I think.

About the river I was referring to Drôme as you said you lived in that area (26).

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg :wink:

I live rather far ( 20km ) from the biggest french river : Rhône and ( 5 km ) from a big affluent : Isère.

So we are safe and dry, here ! the known risk is earthquake or nuclear... :-(

here is the way I, for the moment, solved the issue :

The solution was to close the explorer by Right click on the taskbar -> Task Manager -> Processes tab. Then must find `` Explorer.exe, right click and End Process.

The taskbar and windows vista closes, there is only the manager and the background screen.

Then in the manager -> Applications tab -> New Task ... -> Typed "Explorer.exe".

Vista comes with its icons,

This worked very well. So if that can help!

Very best regards

Hi titou!

It sounds like your explorer.exe or winlogon may be corrupt. If another solution is not offered, you might consider using the system disk to repair it but then you would have to reinstall all your updates as this will revert it. You could try System restore first though if you have an adequate restore point!

EDIT: Perhaps some of the tools in the ASC WinFix may repair the problem? This may be a good opportunity to use this tool from the toolbox. I have read through some of the repairs it offers... and a few seem relevant.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9318&d=1326551526

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi friends :wink:

Solbjerg, Drôme is a very pleasant place to live ; Drôme River takes character when the snow melts on the tops of pre-alps in the month of May The rest of the year it is rather quiet and brown trout fishermen are having a heart-joy.

I'll do what you advise me for ASC and IMF. It's true that I did not uninstall apps for the occasion of their update.

Mel, thank you for your guidance, restore points are overwritten by the updated mutiple identical windows for net framework 4! It is as if it were not done! They are available in a loop ...

http://i43.tinypic.com/9avad4.jpg

Hi titou!

See if you can uninstall the problematic updates. Cut the windows automatic updater off. Then inside windows update try to uninstall the net updates that are repeating. See attached screenshots.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Voyez si vous pouvez désinstaller les mises à jour problématique. Couper les fenêtres automatiques de mise à jour hors tension. Puis à l'intérieur de Windows Update essayez de désinstaller les mises à jour qui sont nets de répéter. Voir les screenshots ci-joint. (google translate)

Hi Titou!

What function/s in WinFix did you run? Do you have a Macrium or Prodigy image? If after removal of the updates, are your restore points available or are they gone?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Quelle est la fonction / s dans WinFix avez-vous courir?

Avez-vous un ou une image Macrium Prodigy?

Si après le retrait des mises à jour, vos points de restauration sont disponibles ou sont-ils passés?

Good french

Hi Mel :wink:

Hey, you speak french ! There is just one little mistake :lol:

"courir" => lancé ( launched )

in Advanced section, all about recycle bin and about tray network icons, and at last, explorer.exe

The Macrium image is about one month old... if the pb persist after next boot I'll use it.

Have a nice WE !

friendly,

Hi Titou!

Don't understand... "in Advanced section, all about recycle bin and about tray network icons, and at last, explorer.exe" I see, you mean about Win Fix!

Do you mean these problems are fixed?

I'm concerned that you may still have some malware on your system. If you'd like, we can ask Superdave to view a DDS log of your system. I am currently in training at GeekU and could get booted our for advising. If you would like to have Dave take a look... Please follow steps 3 and 4 here: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=6216 . Post the logs on this thread and I will ask him to take a look.

Did you successfully remove the updates?

Are your Icons working correctly now and can you drop into the Recycle bin?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Je ne comprends pas ... "dans la section Avancé, tout sur la corbeille et sur ​​les icônes de réseau plateau, et enfin, explorer.exe" Je vois, vous voulez dire à propos Win Fix!

Voulez-vous dire de ces problèmes sont réglés?

Je crains que vous avez peut-être encore certains logiciels malveillants sur votre système. Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons nous demander superdave pour afficher un journal DDS de votre système. Je suis actuellement en formation à GeekU et pourrait obtenir démarré notre de conseiller. Si vous souhaitez avoir Dave jeter un oeil ... S'il vous plaît suivez les étapes 3 et 4 ici: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=6216. Message les journaux sur ce fil et je vais lui demander de jeter un oeil.

Avez-vous réussi à enlever les mises à jour?

Vos icônes fonctionne correctement maintenant et peut vous déposer dans la corbeille?

Je parles les Francais com se com sa!

Google parles les Francais bien, n'est ce pas!

We will see... run the dds and post the logs here. It is good to close as many applications as you can first so the logs will not be so long:-).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Nous allons voir ... exécuter la DDS et d'après les journaux ici. Il est bon de fermer autant d'applications que vous pouvez sapins donc les journaux ne sera pas si long.

Hi Titou!

Please follow Superdave's advisement in the previous post with the exception of this one:

Go to Microsoft Windows Update and get all critical updates.
Once Dave releases we will re-open and explore the OS repair on your other thread!

P.S. Is the Windows automatic updater still disabled. If it isn't... then disable it. If it is still disabled then please stop checking for updates manually.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and Prosper!

Thanks Dave!!:grin:

S'il vous plaît suivez délibéré superdave dans le post précédent à l'exception de celui-ci:

[citer] Aller à Microsoft Windows Update et obtenir toutes les mises à jour critiques. [/ quote] Une fois que les communiqués de Dave nous ré-ouvrir et d'explorer la réparation OS sur votre autre thread!

Post-scriptum Est-ce automatique de Windows Updater toujours invalide. Si ce n'est pas ... puis désactivez-le. S'il est encore invalide alors s'il vous plaît arrêter la vérification de mises à jour manuellement.

Hi Melvin :wink:

Ok, thank you for these precisions.

By the way, what about ASC pro and IMF pro in all that ?

Tell me, I thought Spybot was `` has-been

What is, for you, the best free firewall that I may install ?

Very best regards

Archived