IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problems with ASC v5

dravekx

Let me start by saying, I am a legit paying customer of IObit and like their products. Recently, I've decided to stop using IObit products all together.

Advanced SystemCare v4 and v5 have always had some kind of bad effect on my Google Chrome settings and deleted my plugin history. They have also caused problems with my Adobe products and other related software, which I use for my business on a daily basis.

It's been almost a year, and randomly I will reinstall the products with each update on a test machine to see if they still damage the software or delete things it should not delete. It never fails to amaze me that the problems from day one still exist and have not been resolved. I realize that plenty of time goes into this product with amazing potential and the price is extremely cheap for the quality. So, IObit... are you trying to tell your customers they get what they pay for? If so, I'm starting to believe it.

I received another email today about an update/upgrade to v5. I do hope that you have fixed things. If not, I will be pretty disappointed again that my money has gone to waste on host of a cheap products and a pretty interface.

imho, looks are not important. It's the quality of the product that counts. Maybe IObit should spend more time on quality control and less time on artistic merit.

Hi dravekx!

Iobit products do what you tell them too!!:grin: Perhaps you should spend a little time reviewing and understanding the settings! This thread contains much information about how to configure ASC to your preferences: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5976 (Usage of Iobit products)

On this previous thread you seemed very concerned with the appearance of Iobit products! :neutral: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=12266

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Which of the utility programs, in ASC, caused the problem?

What settings did you have activated in That program?

I do not change or touch the settings. I have always left them at default. I always choose what is recommended, expecting the software to improve and clean my system. I'm not sure which utility causes the problem. An educated guess would be the system cleaner and registry cleaner.

Iobit products do what you tell them too!!:grin: Perhaps you should spend a little time reviewing and understanding the settings! This thread contains much information about how to configure ASC to your preferences: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5976 (Usage of Iobit products) On this previous thread you seemed very concerned with the appearance of Iobit products! :neutral: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=12266

Sincerely, -Mel Live long and prosper!

I Agree. Iobit products partially do what you tell them too, but they also do what they were designed to do. :grin: Perhaps I SHOULD spend time understanding the settings, since the recommended settings seem to be misleading. Thank you for the links. I will read it.

The previous post is not related at all in the matter and it's a completely separate topic. If you notice in the other topic, the icon on the taskbar is missing and the topic is related to combining all the icons in the system tray. I may be mistaken. I completely forgot about the other post since it was related to the system tray and taskbar icons in v5 and this is related to functionality problems and opinions with v5.1.

On that note, it seems the new Iobit ASC 5.1 has induced a problem. According to Microsoft, CCleaner and ASC are two products that can possibly destroy certain window settings which cause problems with Windows Update. My NEW installation/system with Windows 7x64 has been corrupted after using ASC and the Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2556532) will not install. Microsoft has informed me of this mishap, walked me through countless steps, recommends that I do a full re-install of Windows 7x64, not to use ASC or related products, and/or that I keep track of any changes that could possibly affect this update as well as future updates if I plan to use products as such.

I don't suppose you changed my title to v5 instead of v5.1? I thought I set it as v5.1.

"Ferrari's have a lot of expensive and nice settings, but if someone puts sugar in the gas tank and runs the engine, it's pretty much an expensive waste of time and money." - Unknown Source

I do not change or touch the settings. I have always left them at default.

That is your main problem! :shock:

You should Never do that with utility software that can make changes to your system. :roll:

Since, Not every computer or the software loaded on it is the same.

Also, you should only run one of the many programs at a time, at first, to determine how it effects your computer.

If you don't have time or the knowledge to do that, you are Asking for trouble!

That is your main problem! :shock:

You should Never do that with utility software that can make changes to your system. :roll:

Since, Not every computer or the software loaded on it is the same.

Also, you should only run one of the many programs at a time, at first, to determine how it effects your computer.

If you don't have time or the knowledge to do that, you are Asking for trouble!

Good point! I've always assumed recommended settings by any software package were harmless. I will try your method (one at a time after reading the links above) and see how it goes. Thanks Toppack and Mel. :)

Hi dravekx.

I don't suppose you changed my title to v5 instead of v5.1? I thought I set it as v5.1.

It is as you posted it!

A default setting is not the same as a recommended setting!

Please be aware that the items discovered in the registry fix function labeled high risk... pose a high risk of damage to your system! You must always be careful when tampering with your registry!

The newest version of ASC is here (Ver. 5.1.0.196).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived