IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Triquetra

solbjerg

Hi All

I wondered if anyone had come across the unicode sign for triquetra - it is a sign/icon for trinity and I haven't been able to find it - perhaps it doesn't exist yet as a unicode sign?.

I think it is also sometimes called the trinity knot

If onyone have come acoss this sign please give me the sign/character number :-)

I do know how the icon looks.

Thank you!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi titou

How very kind of you to take the trouble to find that site, thank you!

It was interesting, and I guess it would make it easier to create by yourself.

I did use about ½ an hour to make a triquetra sign in Word - it still needs some work to be perfect though, and I will not create a character before that is accomplished. I use EUDCEDIT to create the character and give it a unicode number, so that I can write it by using Alt+number.

But it would have been so much easier if there had been a font that had this character - it looks like the character hasn't been created yet in any unicode font though.

I found one sign that looked a bit like it Alt+9885, but it is not quite right.

Thanks titou

Cheers

solbjerg

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9376&stc=1&d=1327261534

The one I found is called Outlined White Star

Hi Solbjerg :wink:

I guess your english is better than mine, so may be here :

http://www.clanbadge.com/

very best regards

Hi Toppack

Yes! So it is a little curious that they do not have it as a unicode character, I think.

There were even a gold one with a little handle in your link that looked like an old carpet beater :-)

I have also looked for an hour or two yesterday, trying to find a unicode character.

Thanks!

Cheers

solbjerg

I tried find it also but could not find a Uni-code for it, since it's not a language character. :-?

I was surprised how Many versions there are of that symbol !

See link:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=triquetra&qpvt=triquetra&FORM=IQFRML

Hi Toppack

As I said I will try to make a Private use character from it and see if I can send it in a document. I already have it in several versions as icons, but it would be cool if I could write it in a document by using AltGr+T its unicode number will probably be U+E004 in hex.

Perhaps I cannot send it in a .doc, but I think I can convert the .doc to a .pdf file and send that.

But just working with it gives me some knowledge on how to do the different things involved. :-)

It is only in the christian faith that it has been adopted as a symbol of the trinity, in other cultures it can mean body, mind, spirit or maiden, mother and old wise woman or fx. boy, man, sage. And these interpretations could be handy for me to have as a symbol font/character.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. If I make it as a tight knot it could even be interpreted as the Gordian knot that can only be loosened by cutting it (Alexander the great) :-)

Yes, but now I'm curious,

What you are going to do with it ? :?:

Maybe start a Witches 'News Letter' ? :lol:

Hi Toppack

Of course you do :-)

The five-pointed star is also on the dollar bills, right?

The lines go over and under each other in my private character, and I should have made the "points" more rounded.

I'll work on it some more.

I tried to send the .doc that I made the .pdf from to my brother to see if I had embedded my private character too in the document, but I haven't yet got a response from him.

Probably I will have to send documents with private characters as .pdf files.

Cheers

solbjerg

Looks like the 'Texas-Star' to me! :lol:

(See my Avatar)

I Like it! :-D

Ha-ha Toppack

The Pentagon is even build in this form.

You do have it in the Texas flag - and on the dollar bills? :-) and many other places.

I think the devil reference comes from the fact that it was more an Arabian and pagan symbol originally. The Jews had their six-pointed star and the christian church probably saw all things Islamic as the work of satan :-) For about 200 years until ~1000 A.D. the Arabs had the dominant force in the Mediteranean and conducted raids where they captured slaves and valuables.

(I am aware that the symbol has been picked up by the freemasons and the socalled satanists during the middle ages.)

It is rather like the swastika (fylfot) - it is now banned in the Microsoft fonts even though it originally was a sign for either good - or bad luck dependig on which way it turned. In the Thai language the normal greeting "Sawadii" means something like "have a good day" and the root of the word is swastika (good luck).

Banning a five sided figure or a five pointed star seems a little extreem to me. :-)

(In the West Hitler's nazies endeavoured to make the swastika a sign of abomination to a lot of people, hence the banning of the sign even though it is still a bona fide sign in the East)

Even so the christian church has adopted the triquetra as the sign for trinity - a central foundation of christianity agreed upon in Nicaea in the fourth century (Anno Domini 325).

The Gordian knot looks very much like the triquetra but comes from another source.(Depending on how far back we go - they probably have the same symbolic root)

Cheers

solbjerg

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9392&stc=1&d=1327574445 Gordian knot - I have now also made a character out of this one.

Archived