IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit icons missing after running ASC5

r1morton

I'm having the same issue. The shortcut on the desktop is fine, but in the IObit folder, the taskbar, and the start menu all display the general "white paper" application icon. Very annoying. I've tried deleting the icon cache, increasing the icon cache, and reinstalling advanced systemcare 5. This is a brand new computer, I've had no previous versions of ASC on this system.

Security Software: Comodo Firewall

IObit Software: Advanced SystemCare 5 Pro

Hardware: ASUS K53E

Hi Lvo! Welcome to Iobit forums!

You have posted on the thread: IObit icons missing after running ASC5

Did you install ASC5 on your new machine and then the problem arose?

Your machine didn't come installed with Comodo. What is your A/V?

This is a brand new computer,
It is not so brand new as you have installed software on it... how brand new is it??

These questions probably don't matter... got to rule them out though!

This sounds like a setting within Windows.

Sincerely

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Yes, this problem is only with this computer, although the one I previously had ASC on was still using windows XP. It's most likely only an issue with Windows 7.

It's brand new as in I bought it today. I used ASC Pro on my previous laptop which had to be replaced after I dropped it and it broke. I've only installed a few programs so far, things like Skype and my firewall.

I am not using an anti-virus, only the Comodo firewall. I've not had any virus issues in the past with it, although that's irrelevant.

Yes, this problem is only with this computer, although the one I previously had ASC on was still using windows XP. It's most likely only an issue with Windows 7.

It's brand new as in I bought it today. I used ASC Pro on my previous laptop which had to be replaced after I dropped it and it broke. I've only installed a few programs so far, things like Skype and my firewall.

I am not using an anti-virus, only the Comodo firewall. I've not had any virus issues in the past with it, although that's irrelevant.

Did the machine come pre-loaded with an Antivirus software... free for awhile?

Did you get ASC from a new download or did you perhaps import it from a storage device from your old machine?

Stumble-bum:grin:

I dropped it and it broke
. Don't knock your drink over... and quit dropping things...:mrgreen:!

Were the blank Iobit Icons there before you ran ASC? Please uncheck deepcare in your settings within ASC. as XP and 7 are so different! Please learn and research the threads here concerning the registry repair functions and settings (with your new OS in mind).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

hi Melvin

As it is a new install my first question would be if all settings in the program has been chosen like in the XP machine?

Nice to see that you have taken up the GMT suggestion :-)

(so I go to bed 6 hours before you do) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Did the machine come pre-loaded with an Antivirus software... free for awhile?

Did you get ASC from a new download or did you perhaps import it from a storage device from your old machine?

Stumble-bum:grin: . Don't knock your drink over... and quit dropping things...:mrgreen:!

Were the blank Iobit Icons there before you ran ASC? Please uncheck deepcare in your settings within ASC. as XP and 7 are so different! Please learn and research the threads here concerning the registry repair functions and settings (with your new OS in mind).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

hi Melvin

As it is a new install my first question would be if all settings in the program has been chosen like in the XP machine?

Nice to see that you have taken up the GMT suggestion :-)

(so I go to bed 6 hours before you do) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg!

But in 7 perhaps some of the settings should be different???

Yes... you are sawing and splitting wood (even during sleep) while I am still on!! Woz is not far behind me (timewise). A forum guardian in the Pacific ocean and central or eastern Asia would be nice I think!:?:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Lvo. If you have been O.K. without A/V in the past I am happy for you!:grin:

I find that situation very compromised though, and highly recommend MSE in your instance. If you tailor the settings for your scans... you won't even know its there!! It has a high detection rate and provides real-time protection!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived