IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GameBox crashing Gamebooster

I have win 7 on an HP touch smart PC and I use AVG anti virus, with IOBIt Malware Fighter.

To start, I would like to say that I love all IOBit products, and I recommend it to all my customers(I service computers to the side through a Craigslist ad) I have never had a problem with game-booster before, I have been using it since it first came out. My TF2 clan, GR2R, even recommends Gamebooster on their website, www. gr2r.com. With the exception that I do not like v3.2 due to it not closing explorer.exe and it does not restart everything that it closed when switching back to normal mode, and I reverted back to 3.1 not 15 minutes after trying 3.2.

Nothing has changed since 3 hours ago, the last time It worked fine. However now when I click Switch to GameBox, Gamebooster crashes with error: "access violation at address 50008BB in module 'rtl120.bpl'. Read of address 7EF90000"

I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled 3.1, no joy. Uninstalled, rebooted, installed 3.2, same problem. Delete of gamebooster.ini did not help either. I like to close exeplorer.exe when I play games, my computer is the base model with only 4 GB ram. It is annoying to have to use the taskman.exe to load games after putting it in boost mode. I am getting very frustrated and I would be grateful for any help. I am starting to think about making an HTML version of gamebox with links to my games just so I can still use GameBooster. Steam is the easiest thing to start with taskman, but I have several non-steam games that I chose not to add to Steam (eliminating the overhead of Steam on the system). I have attached the bugreport.txt

Both 3.1 and 3.2 start in game box mode, so I can't even use it anymore. Since I deleted the .ini, the Switch to gaming mode icon does not close enough to eleiminate the lag in my games. I have been spoiled by gamebooster, all my games are now unplayable. What, am I suppose to watch dumb TV that turns my mind to mush with my girl all the time now?!?!? I'm a gamer, I want to play! Please help.

bugreport.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Spidey1980,

We are sorry for the delay of reply :oops:

Please kindly help us look into this issue.

Please find and send \appcache\appinfo.vdf and the userdata folder to us as attachment.

Usual Path: C:\Program Files\Steam

Thanks in advance!

Archived