IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Fast User Switching - can't enable

pvann

I’ve just upgraded from free ASC to ASC Pro 5.1.0 and sometime last my Fast User Switching is turned off. This is one change I have tried to reverse but alas failed.

I have clicked on the Use Fast User Switching check box in the User Accounts under Control Panel, then click on Apply Options. When go back and check (click Change the way users log on and off) Fast User Switching is turned off.

Strangely the registery entry indicates that fast user switching in Enabled

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

Value Name: AllowMultipleTSSessions

Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)

Value Data: 0x00000001 (1)

But fast user switching doesn’t work.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Hi pvann,

Sorry to hear that you encounter troubles with Advanced SystemCare.:oops:

1) Please use the rescue function of ASC and let us know whether it is OK.

Open ASC 5>> click the button "Rescue" >>choose one restore point (note: please set restore point to the time before the problem occurred)>>click "undo"button

2) Please send us the Log folder and Backup folder under the profile folder so that we can further look into the problem.

- click the Start menu, then select and click on Run.

- Type in the following: %appdata%

- A Window with several folders should pop-up. Double-click on the IObit folder then find and send us the folders: Backup folder and Log folder.

Thanks in advance!:wink:

Hi pvann

Have you tried opening services.msc in Run and checked what the settings are for Fast User Switching?

By me it is set to not started and manual - but that is ok by me because I am the only one on this machine.

If you set it to started and perhaps automatic you will in the ASC system optimize have to click on the "Problems" found and find that service and right click it and select to place it in the Ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

I’ve just upgraded from free ASC to ASC Pro 5.1.0 and sometime last my Fast User Switching is turned off. This is one change I have tried to reverse but alas failed.

I have clicked on the Use Fast User Switching check box in the User Accounts under Control Panel, then click on Apply Options. When go back and check (click Change the way users log on and off) Fast User Switching is turned off.

Strangely the registery entry indicates that fast user switching in Enabled

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

Value Name: AllowMultipleTSSessions

Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)

Value Data: 0x00000001 (1)

But fast user switching doesn’t work.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Archived