IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I just installed W8-CP and did a scan with IMF. It found one file it identified as a Trojan but could not quarantine or delete. Anyway I checked the file with other scanners and it came up clean. I also uploaded the file to the Cloud using IMF and it came up clean.

The file name is wuwebv.dll The file is located in C:\Windows\System32\

Here is a link to the scan results Just click on the picture to expand it for better readability.

I just installed W8-CP and did a scan with IMF. It found one file it identified as a Trojan but could not quarantine or delete. Anyway I checked the file with other scanners and it came up clean. I also uploaded the file to the Cloud using IMF and it came up clean.

The file name is wuwebv.dll The file is located in C:\Windows\System32\

Here is a link to the scan results Just click on the picture to expand it for better readability.

Dear Buddahfan,

Thanks for your feedback.

Firstly, after scanning, please save a report of the scanning result and send to us.

Secondly, you can upload or send us your suspicious file, and then we can further investigate it. At the same time, you can upload your suspicious file to http://www.virustotal.com for analyzing, and post your analysis report.

We are looking forward to your reply.

1. I posted above a link to the the scan results of the file using IMF Cloud and it shows clean.

2. I added the file to the IMF Ignore list since no other anti-Malware program recognizes it as Malware.

3. What you might want to do is put W8-CP on a computer and see if you can duplicate the problem. If you can than should should know what to do to fix it. If you can't duplicate it then I would appreciate it if you can post back and say that you couldn't duplicate the problem. The file is located in C: Windows\System32\

4. My post on this was more for your information since I don't consider it a threat based upon no other anti-Malware program that I have scanned it with; over a half a dozen, identifying it as such.

PS - I have now installed W8-CP on two computers; i.e a x32 and x64. IMF identified the file as Malware on both though it couldn't quarantine or delete the file on either computer. I added the file to the Ignore list on both computers.

No harm no foul. Time for me to move on regarding this. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post. Thanks for your response.:-)

Have a nice day:-)

1. I posted above a link to the the scan results of the file using IMF Cloud and it shows clean.

2. I added the file to the IMF Ignore list since no other anti-Malware program recognizes it as Malware.

3. What you might want to do is put W8-CP on a computer and see if you can duplicate the problem. If you can than should should know what to do to fix it. If you can't duplicate it then I would appreciate it if you can post back and say that you couldn't duplicate the problem. The file is located in C: Windows\System32\

4. My post on this was more for your information since I don't consider it a threat based upon no other anti-Malware program that I have scanned it with; over a half a dozen, identifying it as such.

PS - I have now installed W8-CP on two computers; i.e a x32 and x64. IMF identified the file as Malware on both though it couldn't quarantine or delete the file on either computer. I added the file to the Ignore list on both computers.

No harm no foul. Time for me to move on regarding this. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post. Thanks for your response.:-)

Have a nice day:-)

Hi Buddahfan,

Thank you for your detailed information. We are sorry that we can not reproduce the issue here.

Please help us look into the issue with the steps below:

1)Please open the IObit Malware Fighter->click on the More button at the top right corner to choose Settings->click on Ignore->then delete the file you have ignored from the Ignore List.

2)Run a full scan with IObit Malware Fighter again. After the scan finished, please click on Save Report button to save the scan report and send it to us.

3)Please send the file wuwebv.dll to us.

Thank you for your help.

The file name is wuwebv.dll

if you or any one removes the file ether fiscally, or tries to , the update feature will stop running.

it belongs to the OS and its not a virus!

also its been looked at by the iobit people, and I be-leave resolved...

you need the latest data base and scan again should be no problems..

concerning the file wuwebv.dll

Mr Bean

correction on the above post It seems to make no difference...

but cannot verify it for sure...this file could still be a bug?

now I followed the advice and updated the data files (iobit def)

scanned came up clean...

copied the file dll.to my c: drive and the scanner came up with the file as Trojan?

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 1.3.0.3

Define Version: 1111

Time Elapsed: 00:01:34

Objects Scanned: 52312

Threats Found: 1

Save Time: 3/13/2012 8:04:19 AM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Vundo, FILE, C:\wuwebv.dll, 4028618

using latest data base

Mr Bean

please not it still may be legit??

and not a bug

having opened it and looked at it its part of the update procedure...

and seems no threat

EDIT:

http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon4.gif Mr Bean, you have used def version : 1111 again, it is solved by the latest as of now def version: 1112

Archived