IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cleaning the registry

Sockers53

I am a new poster to this forum. I just installed Advanced System Care 5 and love it. However, I'm concerned about the registry. There seems to be so many opinions as to whether or not the registry should be modified. I even spoke to a tech at Microsoft who said to leave it alone.

What are your thoughts about this? I suppose the worst case scenario would be to do a system restore point prior to letting Advanced System Care make changes. I'm also concerned about the high risk registry changes that says your computer could be harmed if those entries would be deleted.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Regards,

John B

Hi Toppack

Yes - when cleanng the window sills it is best not to sweep all the knick-knack away- only that which you do not want there anymore :-)

Or if you want to remove the carpet to clean it thoroughly, then either buy a new carpet or replace the cleaned carpet exactly as it was and hope it hasn't shrunk during the wash/cleaning.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, never let any program remove things from Registry or anywhere else, until you are sure that they Need to be deleted.

Archived