IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Win 8 review

Mr Bean

hi there every one....where to start ...

no1 ---if you decide to install this OS on your PC ..you may want to think very carefully first..

I can tell you this if you have a duel booting set up be Aware after you install this OS you are locked out! from the other Os or Linux...

if you have windows any version ..Be aware you lose the booting Os!

If some one Knows how to get the boot menu to load first let me know please...

I have tried all I know to be able to boot ether..

the only way to by pass the bios default loading of win 8

is press F12--then hit the right drive..a must..as it boots hit the del key (hold it down) till your original boot menu shows its self and then hit the Os you want.same menu as before 8 went on the PC...

only way I can access my other Os at the moment..

ok .. be aware this thing will link all sort of IPs you may not be aware of..

just ether let them go or block them..

that's up to you..

I am very suprized tho all my apps protections software run ! amazing I expected a lot would fail or hang up the system..

please take a look here before I loged to the nedt did a scann

may be of Iterest ??

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 1.0.0.12

Define Version: 1024

Time Elapsed: 00:02:29

Objects Scanned: 50842

Threats Found: 6

Save Time: 3/8/2012 5:05:30 PM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Fraudtool.Hijack - Deleted, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cscript.exe, 2005060

Misleading.Antivirus8 - Deleted, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\explorer.exe, 2005138

Fraudtool.Hijack - Deleted, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\mmc.exe, 2005455

Fraudtool.Hijack - Deleted, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\rundll32.exe, 2005824

Fraudtool.Hijack - Deleted, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\wscript.exe, 2006164

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 1.0.0.12

Define Version: 1024

Time Elapsed: 00:01:06

Objects Scanned: 50841

Threats Found: 1

Save Time: 3/8/2012 5:07:24 PM

Trojan.Vundo - Failed, FILE, C:\Windows\system32\wuwebv.dll, 4028618

this is the result...2nd scan

some one ex-plane it? first time I have seen this report...

rebooting the win 8 sat there trying to repair its system..?

that it then allowed me to reboot ..

scanned again and clean

with Iobit ..and nothing found..

all the above before I log to the net

Mr Bean

Thanks for the review Mr Bean!

I would advise to use the latest definition of IMF when you make tests like that.

You don't have to connect to net, :razz: to update IMF, as you can update the latest definitions offline by downloading the latest definitions (define version: 1111 as of today) from IObit Malware Fighter 1.3 Offline database 1111 (March 06, 2012) post by downloading it with another PC and extract the contents of zip file to : C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\db folder of your test PC.

IObit Malware Fighter latest OFFLINE DATABASE thread is updated soon after IObit releases the new definitions, by adding a post with new definitions attached at the end of the thread.

Exit IMF when extracting the new definition file and after extraction, restart IMF, so you will have the latest definitions which will not include as much false positives as the old definitions, and also new definitions will include new threads.

Cheers.

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\db

hi dear friend

I cant remember ?

do I just copy it over to the directory .will it interfere with the one that's there?

or just copy it strait in..

Mr Bean

So far the Os looks and is behaving very nicely..you have to learn how to finds things,and is very different to any Os before it...

once you block and set it this is very fast.and the thing I found is all the reading on the Os is fear mongering...So far all my programs that run on windows 7 run 100% on this Os (win consumer 8 review build 8050) I am testing...

the only thing it locks itself,and you from duel booting! the system...

now my guess is you cant install a other OS on the same system!??

with windows 8 on it.... I have it on its own Disk,thank goodness and can get to my otheres Booting by hitting F12 as I stated....then hit del as it keeps booting

bring up my menu so from there find my other Os as before the install of Win *8...

just a quick review its very nice So far...let you know more as I use it.

Mr Bean

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\db

hi dear friend

I cant remember ?

do I just copy it over to the directory .will it interfere with the one that's there?

or just copy it strait in..

Mr Bean

Just extract (or copy after extraction) the contents of the zip file into the db folder, the new (core000.def and core004.def) files will replace the old (core000.def and core004.def) files, that's it.

Please don't forget to exit IMF before extracting the new files. You can restart IMF after extraction process.

You can see the number and date of definition version at the bottom of the GUI of IMF if you select the Scan section (button) of it.

The procedure is also explained in the first post of IObit Malware Fighter latest OFFLINE DATABASE thread.

Cheers.

Thanks again for that

and you also woz for your handy tip...!!

looks like we are all go! So far this is very good...

and like a pro whizzing into the Os easy as pie....

I am dismayed tho, with the booting ..looks like Ms is locking out any other Os

unless someone can find a workaround to bring up the boot menu ???

So to be able to select the OS I want to boot

but again it could be Just this version...now the problem is am I stick with this..

ok a other thing this now fixes any faults or booting ,or repairs and you cant do a thing about it..before it shows the menu..if it finds A problem sits there doing its thing,and one must sit there, for it to finish..taking about 5 minit to a hour

depending what it finds ,,,before you can use it....and I would Not suggest a Fores-ed reboot this will just take longer...on the next boot up fixing the drive and resetting it...to it default....

I do not know How this will Go with the User...

any how So far I am happy In what I see ..

Mr Bean

Mr Bean, I have noticed that you are using IMF version 1.0. It is a very old version of IMF.

Please update it by downloading IMF version 1.3 from the first post of IMF IObit Malware Fighter 1.3 is available! thread and install it, then update the database definition as you did in version 1.0

Also check the checkbox of "Quarantine threats when remove them" under Remove Threats section in Scan Settings under General Settings after you open the Settings window, so that you can control what to do with the repeaired item, and also it can be false positive.

Please see the attached file.

A lot of bugs are cleared in the latest version, and I don't think anybody including IObit personnel could help if any problem occurs with the old version of IMF.

Cheers.

Trojan.Vundo, FILE, C:\Windows\system32\wuwebv.dll, 4028618

this is incorrect (false positive?? ) as its the update part of Ms...

wuweb.dll is a process belonging to the Microsoft® Windows® Operating

System program . "wuweb.dll is a module associated with Microsoft Update

Needs looking at..

yes I installed the wrong one ,now update...1.3 now on the system..

Mr Bean

thanks for the help

and advice...

LIKE all new software its going to take time to sort out the flats...and this is understandable..

as for this version..it should not be used or Installed by a non savvy pc user

or little experience ..even I should of give it a big side burst..!!

even for me It has been a nightmare! first of all reading as much as I could on the os and comments should of taken my own advice and not use it on a duel system to start with.

or a 2 drive system...

I can tell you this it Kills of any other Os no matter what it is..even windows7 itself gone..tho be it on the drive...its gone simply not usable...

my luck here was it is on a other drive!!!

this Os if its the forerunner of whats to come,I for one ether need a brand new system or just accept all that I have running now is or will be history..

let me tell you this!

after learning the Os and its navigation not that friendly....

decided bed time....

woke 7 am and up to about 1 hour ago trying to get my system back....!

the drive to the installed win*8* gone and no booting CD that also went poof!

my luck was that some how win7 booted ..but linux and 8 gone????

could not see the drives...

booted to the BIOS---and saw only 1 #$@$$%%^% drive!

o do not panic think ,think Jonny I Kept saying...reaching for my CD disks

search for booting disks and tried to boot from one tryed a few more before I woKe up no booting CD..

awww dont tell me!

..nothing..only way to get the ROM to fire up was from 7 ..this I did about 5 times...trying to get back the boot menu-more inportant ly my system...---now 2 fags hung from ether side of my lips!

and getting worked up..

holding f 12 then followed by del Key i got my menu in the BIOS up..and.

saw 2 hard drives..the 3rd one gone....the one I needed ..

So now have a booting system no CD and lost 1 drive...I suddenly found a new witchery, I have not spoken before..and tho sounding good not understandable by myself ,needed a coffee thats it,calm down..

sit back relax...

and now very fluent in my new found words,..talking to the system...even if I posted them no one would interpreted them any how..so we leave that alone

now get this it booted back to the *8* OS ! HOW ? NO IDEA!!

and sat there So called fixing the system

NOW then ask me how having No idea,now chatting away to the Pc

stupidly hit the reset button..taking away .in my new found tung!

hit the reset button.calling windows 8 with brand new Names..not printable..

sat Back in my chair ,looking at the floor..rubbing the scull wondering how the heck to get my CD and drive back!

when the system booted up bingo my MENU came UP and my drive appeared plus my CD !!!

Quickly forgetting my new found speech , almost yelling out yes! thank goodness

sat there stupidly staring at the screen...what happened????

No idea...Whatever was locked by the new OS *8* was undone!

started linux and the drive that had *8* is now gone...

still rather upset wondering what the $%#%%^%..up with this Os...?

any how now very calm again.and fixing the drive restored it ..and linux

Just in case..I formated them all and then used my mailcium reflect

and we are back brand new ....

oK why post this...let you the member Know what happened..and perhaps leave it alone...

Pulling up my Pentium 4 with 60 GB drive its running perfect...why ?

because it owns it now!

hey I Know I not fast but at least get a good look see

Mr Bean

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Mr Bean finally got it right..!

after a lot of extensive searing, reading , the old guy got it correct..!

first thing sitting back thinking what the hell went wrong

reading tips and viewing u tube.. I began to realize one may have to split the windows drive

not what I wanted to do..as its not easy to undo and keep what one has..

and then came across this Ripper of a application .and to boot free!

EaseUS,you need to download this free version....

How to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 8?

partitions under Windows 8

If you like to try Windows 8 but don't want to give up Windows 7. Here's how to dual boot Windows 8 with your current Windows 7 installation so you can run them both side by side. All you need to do is create a new partition for Windows 8, install it on that partition, and then edit your new boot menu so Windows 7 stays the default OS.

Step 1: Create a partition for Windows 8 installation under Windows 7

warning let it reboot do its thing..

and reboot itself....

when done check you system you should see the new drive it made...

Best : Option:

Use partition freeware - EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition to resizing the partition and create new partition.--Windows users - for dual boot windows 7 and Windows 8.and or LINUX!!

shrink partition Please Be patient and carfull here...and name it win8..so you find it with no mistaKe...

Install Windows 8

After creating the new partition, it's time for the easy part: Installing Windows 8 on the new partition. Insert your Windows 8 disk installation CD and reboot your computer booting from your DVD drive

Windows starts to install automatically. When you're choosing installation type, be sure to select Custom (advanced).<<<<<< not defalt.

Be careful here.

Choosing the wrong partition could mean wiping your other Windows installation altogether, so make sure you pick the new partition created for Windows 8 installation in the first step. Choose it to continue.

When you're done, your computer should reboot into Windows 8. It'll probably reboot one more time after it does, then you'll be greeted with the Windows 8 Start screen. Huba HUba

If you choose to enter a Windows Live ID here,(I did NOT) make sure you have access to your email and can confirm your computer - otherwise it might not let you boot into it.

Step 3: Make Windows 7 the default (Optional)

When you first boot up into Windows 8 that you're presented with a new graphical boot menu that'll let you choose between your Windows 7 and Windows 8 or Your LINUX installations. Windows 8 will be the default, meaning if you don't manually choose Windows 7 from the menu, your computer will boot into Windows 8 after three seconds of inactivity. If you don't want to make Windows 8 the default quite yet, so here's how to make Windows 7 the default.

On the boot menu, click on the button at the bottom that says "Change Defaults or Choose Other Options", and hit "Choose the Default Operating System". From there, you can pick Windows 7 from the menu. From now on, your computer will boot into Windows 7 by default.

Or Just PICK the OS you want Then it will reboot The system TO it...

Now you have dual booted Windows 7 and Windows 8 and Linux successfully!

Mr Bean

Hi all

here is a interesting thing

the DVD player

your one gone missing?

do not worry there is nothing wrong with it..it just disables when booting

trick

leave the installing dvd (win8) in the tray when booting to 8: when done open it take it out

presto now you have it back again..its a driver thing..So I searched for a compatible one and the installed testing tells me all 100%

its the only way at the moment to restore it.BY LEAVING IN THE DVD..

and do not boot from it...Just let it boot form the drives or drive...

the only way up to now to use it...playing movies I have VLC player 0.8.6i Janus interface .a older version and the best one made..

perfect plays any DVD ...

Mr Bean

• 1 month later...

thank you for the link

and hallow nice to meet you.

yes you right once people get the idea of it.

its very smooth operating so far tho needs more to it .

there are things that will probably work on the first release

speed wise its faster.and automated. will it be the next XP? I do not think that as its aimed

at the tablets,more so then desk tops.

Mr Bean

Archived