IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Rollback RX

Rollback RX is something I could not live without.

It is sort of a modern version of the old Norton Goback.

This software allows you to revert your HDD to earlier save states. Don't confuse it to System Restore which simply restores some Windows Registry settings.

The snapshots take seconds and take VERY little space. I automatically take one every day at system boot up.

There are videos of people purposely bombarding their computers with viruses so badly their systems blue screened. Upon reboot you have an option to revert (loads before the MBR). Once done, no traces of any virus as the save state was before the viruses were introduced.

I also play with my system settings a lot and sometimes cause problems. If I do, no problem I simply revert.

They are running a sale at the end of the month. You should take a look.

http://www.horizondatasys.com/169614.ihtml

Rollback may be good but for a 4 or 5 user license it's Way Too Expensive for us.

And I've read that the Restore in Windows-7 does the Same thing?

A 5 license pack is $45.00 per license. If you watch for sales you can get it for less that $30.00. Is that too expensive?

On March 23, there will be a significant sale of their Facebook page.

A 5 license pack is $45.00 per license. Is that too expensive?

:shock: Yes :shock:

The website, I looked at, the 5 user was $225. :shock:

Which is what we would need.

I think there should be more of a discount for multiple users.

The discount price seemed to be only for the single user license?

But since we are now using W-7 Backup/restore, on all our systems, I don't think we really Need it?

See Link:

http://www.horizondatasys.com/446764.ihtml

We have been thinking about putting Windows-Server-2011 on one of our systems though

and I'm wondering if Rollback would be Needed for that computer.

I've not used the 2011 version of Windows-server, so do not know if Rollback would even be compatible with it?

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26533

I found out that Windows-Server-2011 completely Backs up the system dayly,

so we won't need Rollback for that one either.

I think it does backups of all users on the local network also?

(Up to 10 users for one low price, under $50.)

Rollback RX does not replace the need for a backup. You need to backup in case of catastrophic HDD failure. Rollback RX will not protect you from that.

If I have a need to backup, I can restore Rollback RX in just a few minutes rather then going through the long process of creating and restoring a backup. Creating a restore point takes 10 seconds and restoring it takes about the same time as a reboot. I can also choose to create several restore points through the day and have several restore points to choose from rather than a single backup.

The bottom line is there is a need for both Rollback RX and complete system backup.

If you are on a network that is backing up your system, no urgent need for Rollback RX.

If you are a home user, this is a great option that doesn't cost monthly.

Yes that's true, if you don't need a backup-Server and your computers still have XP OS,

but what I'm trying to figure out is if Rollback does anything that the Backup programs in W-7 and W-8 do Not do ?

From what I've read, about Rollback, they sound almost the Same.

And of course we all also have the Rescue-Restore in ASC, as another backup. :smile:

Well,

I have W7-64 it has nothing like Rollback RX. Rollback RX is not a backup program. It is a program that reverts your HDD to an earlier saved state (which a backup could do).

Windows has System Restore which is more similar to Rollback RX but will not completely restore your system.

Rollback RX is like a backup in that it will completely restore your system to a specific point. The backup process is a long one that requires some type of additional storage. Rollback RX creates and restores restore points in seconds on the same HDD in VERY little space.

Also, if my computer goes blue screen upon boot, could you load your backup? With Rollback RX you could because there is a prompt that shows before the MBR loads that allows you to revert your HDD to a point before the blue screen problem.

So they are apples and oranges. However, they both can restore a computer but have different limitations due to them working completely differently.

The next version of Rollback RX (ver 10) will also have backup software built into it.

Well,

if your computer goes blue screen upon boot, could you load your backup?

Yes, it is done with a bootable system-repair-DVD and External-drive backup,

both are created by Windows-Backup program.

We have external backup-drives on all our computers that need backups.

The new USB-3.0 externals are really fast.

• 7 months later...

Hello, I have just got Windows 8 and was looking around for a solution that could is alternative to the Windows System Restore. I thought the Window 8 System Restore or any other Windows restore does not do the job of restoring your data and files completely.I did hear about this Rollback but there is no version that is compatible to Windows 8 until I read this forum. So I would like to know if there is version of Rollback coming around for Windows 8 and is there any other similar products like Rollback. Thanks

Here's a website for 'Rollback' software:

(there is a phone number)

http://www.rollbacksoftware.com/

I doubt that IObit has plans to produce similar software in the near future,

since the Backup/Restore that comes with Windows and the Rescue-Restore in Advanced SystemCare are all that most users need.

Note - Making Copies of Everything, on External-drives, has been the most useful backups for us recently.

Archived