IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto startup not working

ryrynz

I have a friend's computer that won't load Smart Defrag on startup. Smart defrag isn't called via the Start Menu or the registry, how does it start?

I can call the application on startup via one of those methods but then the main window pops up. How can I fix the auto loading/minimizing behaviour?

Hi ryrynz

What are the settings in the program?

Does it Minimize when the program stops?

Does it load up at Windows Start up?

Which version are we talking about?

Was the program installed as a Clean Install?

Cheers

solbjerg

I have a friend's computer that won't load Smart Defrag on startup. Smart defrag isn't called via the Start Menu or the registry, how does it start?

I can call the application on startup via one of those methods but then the main window pops up. How can I fix the auto loading/minimizing behaviour?

• 2 weeks later...

The app runs fine, it's just the starting up that's the issue. I'm running 2.3. I just would like to know how the application is called as it's not via the usual places, start menu or under run in registry. That way I can look further into it if it arises again on another computer.

Hi ryrynz,

Please first check whether the Task Scheduler is good.

Then open Smart Defrag >> click Settings >> General Settings>> make sure Load automatically at Windows startup is ticked.

After that, open Task Scheduler, and check whether SmartDefrag_Startup is displayed there.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. Smart Defrag is not starting at boot. It is in Task Scheduler but I get the following error message when it tries to start.

Task Scheduler failed to start "\SmartDefrag_Startup" task for user "PETER-P6T\Peter". Additional Data: Error Value: 2147943645.

Hi wpp, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

It seems that you are not logged on when the shedule for Smart Defrag is proceeded.

Go back into your Scheduled Jobs and select radio button "Run whether user is logged on or not"

You may need to provide password.

Please see the attached image.

Please give feedback.

Cheers.

That seems to have fixed it. Task Scheduler says that it has been started. Why is this not done by Smart defrag on installation? Is it because I installed it within a user account with a password used for administrator privileges?

This has been a problem with a number of programs I have installed. I install them from my general user account with admin password. I can only access them from the administrator account or must search for the program and create my own shortcut.

Archived