IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

When I close GB, why does Chrome open?

I have the free version of Game Booster installed and I have no problems with it working for the games I play. However, when I turn it off, something is happening that I don't understand.

GB is in my system tray, I Enter Gaming Mode, play my game, and exit my game without any problem. When I then click the icon and switch Back to Normal Mode, the GB stops, but Google Chrome starts up and opens a blank web page.

Is there a way to stop this from happening? Am I missing some set-up that's causing this to occur? Oh, BTW... this only started happening after the last update.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Thank you, that did stop Chrome from opening when I turn off GB.

But I have a question about that. Isn't the point of checking the box, to get it to stop working while GB is running? It certainly is an unnecessary process while I am playing games, so shouldn't I want to shut it off? Therefore, shouldn't I want it checked?

Thanks for clearing up my confusion!

Archived