IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Internet now messed up: speed & dispay

paynie

Hello,

I have used ASC for a long time and it has always worked fine. Have just run a deep care on my machine and internet pages now don't display properly. Also those pages that don't display properly are taking much longer to load. I did a system restore to before the scan but it has made no difference.

Thanks Paynie

Hi paynie

Did you try using the restore center in the program and choose to restore the latest cleaning or 2/3.

Then when running a cleaning later please go through all the "problems" shown and check if any should be ignored by choosing to place them in the "ignore List"

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello,

I have used ASC for a long time and it has always worked fine. Have just run a deep care on my machine and internet pages now don't display properly. Also those pages that don't display properly are taking much longer to load. I did a system restore to before the scan but it has made no difference.

Thanks Paynie

I can't find the "restore centre"

Hi paynie

Did you try using the restore center in the program and choose to restore the latest cleaning or 2/3.

Then when running a cleaning later please go through all the "problems" shown and check if any should be ignored by choosing to place them in the "ignore List"

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi paynie

Sorry - now it is called "rescue" :-) (in top menu line)

And there rescue the registry fix by starting with the newest rescue date and going back until you are sure that you have passed the point where you experienced trouble

Cheers

solbjerg

I can't find the "restore centre"

No didn't work, I think the problem there might be that when I restored windows earlier it restored it back to before ASC was installed (the scan was first scan on this machine after I installed ASC).

Any ideas of how to fix this outside of ASC?

Ok paynie

you could try a sfc /scannow but it often requires the Install disc.

Cheers

solbjerg

No didn't work, I think the problem there might be that when I restored windows earlier it restored it back to before ASC was installed (the scan was first scan on this machine after I installed ASC).

Any ideas of how to fix this outside of ASC?

Ok paynie

you could try a sfc /scannow but it often requires the Install disc.

Cheers

solbjerg

Do you mean the windows disk? I have that.

What is sfc/scannow? Can it be run from windows?

Hi paynie

sfc means system file checker

scannow is a switch

If you write sfc /scannow precisely as written with a space between sfc and / and write that it Run and hit Ok or Enter it will start the system file checker and usually ask you to insert your Windows install disk.

Then it runs for a while - best to stay there for about ½ an hour -to be able to do what it asks if the scan should stop.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. More information about this procedure in Usage of IObit Products (link in my signature)

Do you mean the windows disk? I have that.

What is sfc/scannow? Can it be run from windows?

Archived