IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Telephone Fraud -Update

Cicely

• 10 months later...

I paid for Iobit product and my purchase went through "2checkout Support."  I received an activation code that did not work. Below is the email sent back to me with my original email. After a few tries, I gave up and accepted I've been scammed.  See email....

Support Request for Order #174191127

Inbox

profile_mask2.png

2Checkout Support <support@2checkout.com>

Feb 14, 2022, 6:43 PM

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to support5, Debera99
cleardot.gif

Dear Support Team,

We received a support request from one of your customers, Debbie Stroman
regarding the following product(s)ordered from your website
https://www.iobit.com:

1 x IObit Uninstaller 11 PRO with Gift Pack

Below more details of the customer's request:

=================================================================
the customer is trying to activate the software and it is not taking the
activation code, she still uses the free trial
=================================================================

Please contact the buyer directly as soon as possible.

Order number : #174191127
Email : Debera99@gmail.com
Phone:

Best regards,
2Checkout Support Team
support@2checkout.com

5 hours ago, Debb09 said:

paid for Iobit product and my purchase went through "2checkout Support."  I received an activation code that did not work. Below is the email sent back to me with my original email. After a few tries, I gave up and accepted I've been scammed.  See email....

This is not a General Forum Item.

Look in the Forum homepage, and you will see the Topic that deals with these issues, and the solution.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you for sharing this important information and warning. It's unfortunate that there are scammers who attempt to deceive users by claiming to be from reputable companies like IObit. It's crucial for users to be cautious and skeptical of any unsolicited calls or messages regarding computer issues, especially if they involve remote access to your computer. Legitimate companies like IObit would not engage in such practices or charge exorbitant amounts for their products. It's always a good idea to independently verify the authenticity of any claims or offers before making any financial transactions or granting remote access to your computer.  

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/24/2020 at 2:55 PM, baburao said:

The number we called was one of the ones you recorded in your answer to me. The number that she called us from after my significant other hung up on her isn't both of the numbers you recorded. It was: 1-844-219-1732! So this currently has me considerably more stressed at this point! How would I realize she doesn't at present have an entrance to my PC? No, I have not had the spring up since yet am examining my PC again when I shouldn't need to. I filtered it the previous evening after everything was said and done and today needed to do likewise. Indeed, we have an old PC, can't support that. I will check as regularly varying, yet, I simply am awkward with what occurred and that she called us from a number not recorded. Would you be able to affirm that the number she called us from is with your organization?

I understand your concerns. However, I don't have the capability to access real-time information or confirm specific phone numbers. It's advisable to contact the relevant service provider directly to address your security concerns.

Edited by luis43