IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to detect/get RID of CLOUD feature? (ASC5)

WriterJC

No idea how to detect whether the CLOUD feature is off or on.

I want it OFF ... How to do that?

Thanks,

Writer JC

Intel,Celeron CPU 2.93 GHz

XP Home SP3 32 bit

2.93 GHz, 960 MB RAM

MS Essentials

IObit Malware Fighter PRO

IObit ASC 5.0 PRO

Auslogics Disk De-Frag

Auslogics Boost Speed

No idea how to detect whether the CLOUD feature is off or on.

I want it OFF ... How to do that?

Thanks,

Writer JC

Intel,Celeron CPU 2.93 GHz

XP Home SP3 32 bit

2.93 GHz, 960 MB RAM

MS Essentials

IObit Malware Fighter PRO

IObit ASC 5.0 PRO

Auslogics Disk De-Frag

Auslogics Boost Speed

Hello and welcome :mrgreen:

... just open your firewall and block ASC.exe.

Have a nice day.

Sarakael

http://picload.org/image/rppdcdl/unbenannt.png

How to detect/get RID of CLOUD feature? (ASC5)

Sarakael, thank you for replying.

I thought this was so easy; however, after blocking ASC.exe in Windows Essentials, the ASC bridge page stated: "CLOUD online."

Isn't WIN Essentials considered a firewall?

Writer JC

Sarakael, thank you for replying.

I thought this was so easy; however, after blocking ASC.exe in Windows Essentials, the ASC bridge page stated: "CLOUD online."

Isn't WIN Essentials considered a firewall?

Writer JC

... I don't know. I use a third party product.

Sarakael

Hi WriterJC,

MSE does not include a firewall and also not considered a firewall.

Windows' own firewall is a seperate default function of Windows and can be adjusted from Action Center in W7.

BTW, blocking ASC in MSE is not advisable as it will disfunction ASC operations in your PC, so, you should block internet connection of ASC by the firewall if you don't want ASC to communicate with the IObit web servers including Cloud servers.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

I was wondering about the same thing. Will it not at the same time block for definition updates? And updates of the program.

If so I would not recommend it.

What is achieved by closing off the cloud function? Do you save any resources?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi WriterJC,

MSE does not include a firewall and aalso not considered a firewall.

Windows' own firewall is a seperate default function of Windows and can be adjusted from Action Center in W7.

BTW, blocking ASC in MSE is not advisable as it will disfunction ASC operations in your PC, so, you should block internet connection of ASC by the firewall if you don't want ASC to communicate with the IObit web servers including Cloud servers.

Cheers.

How to detect/get rid of CLOUD feature? (ASC5)

enoskype,

Again, thank you re: WIN Essentials not being a firewall. Will fix that mistake.

That said, my O/S is XP Home SP3, not W7 ... and I don't know where to find Window's own firewall default funtion. Do know where it can be found on XP so I can get rid of the CLOUD feature?

Not sure I understand the following:

"... you should block internet connection of ASC by the firewall if you don't want ASC to communicate with the IObit web servers including Cloud servers."

The only feature I want eliminated is CLOUD* -- and do want ASC to communicate with the IObit web servers for all else. (Not that I know what that communication entails.) Is that possible to achieve?

*The U.S. Dept of Homeland Security (DHS) is monitoring ALL useage of a long list of keywords online, and CLOUD enables them to do so. They're looking for criticism of the government among other things -- beyond the scope of the US Constitution. (Americans, as individuals, have the right to Free Speech as well as tracking the agencies within the gov't.) It'd be just my luck to end up on the No-Fly List when boarding a plane for Ireland, thanks to CLOUD and my big mouth after monitoring them. (And that's no exaggeration.) Solution: Disable CLOUD.

Cheers!

Writer JC

Not sure I understand the following:

"... you should block internet connection of ASC by the firewall if you don't want ASC to communicate with the IObit web servers including Cloud servers."

The only feature I want eliminated is CLOUD* -- and do want ASC to communicate with the IObit web servers for all else. (Not that I know what that communication entails.) Is that possible to achieve?

The word 'Cloud' really Means Iobit's 'data-servers', in the ASC software. ;-)

There is No need to Eliminate it.

They were just trying to use Fancy New Terminology. :-D

Archived