IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

font appearance changed

kez

hi,

after installing and running asc my pc's (running windows xp sp2) appearance changed. the fonts became thinner, with a shadow highlight. not only was this eveident on desktop but on every program including firefox.

the whole look or the windows font changed.

i restored changes made by asc and after a restart everything is now back to normal.

i googled and found that someone else had the exact same problem a couple years ago with an earlier version.

does anyone know what's causing this and what i can do to resolve it please?

i can't find anything in the 'errors' list before i fix registry or junk files ect which could be causing it.

it's a great program but it's obviously doing something it shouldn't in xp sp2.

Hi kez

I think it is your settings

If you run active boost or turbo boost I think there is a good chance that the program saves resources by removing fx. the setting that gives you shadows under menues.

Btw if you right click the desktop and choose properties and then the tab display and then the button effects you should be able to see which setting is being changed.

When running the ASC program, check each "problem" in each section and place those you need in the ignore list before clicking fix.

Probably it comes under System optimize - but check all of them because I am not sure..

Window XP sp.2 is obsolete so you ought to get sp.3. as Toppack says.

That will give you a couple of more years with Windows XP

Even though I in this instance think it is your settings in ASC that are the culprit.

cheers

solbjerg

p.s Another possibility is Windows Key+Pause/break then the tab Advanced and under performance click the button Setting and tick the option Let windows choose the best setting for your computer. Again you have to place the relevant files you want to keep in the ignore list before clicking fix.

hi,

after installing and running asc my pc's (running windows xp sp2) appearance changed. the fonts became thinner, with a shadow highlight. not only was this eveident on desktop but on every program including firefox.

the whole look or the windows font changed.

i restored changes made by asc and after a restart everything is now back to normal.

i googled and found that someone else had the exact same problem a couple years ago with an earlier version.

does anyone know what's causing this and what i can do to resolve it please?

i can't find anything in the 'errors' list before i fix registry or junk files ect which could be causing it.

it's a great program but it's obviously doing something it shouldn't in xp sp2.

Hi Keza, welcome to IObit Forum!

Please open IObit System Control tool in Toolbox of ASC and

go to: Animations and Effects=>Font Smoothing

and tell us what is the Smoothing for the fonts.

Change it to Clear Type if the smoothing is not so, and see if it corrects your problem.

Most probably the default font smoothing registry key for Clear Type is changed by System Optimization of Deep Care after Repair for better performance intention.

Cheers.

EDIT: Oopsss, I have not seen your reply solbjerg!

The more info the better my friend - good you made it clear how to place items in the Ignore list. solbjerg

thanks guys. i went through everthing step by step and it was removing a regkey hotkey called 'uninstall font core' when i unticked this option everything remained as it should.

i do have other pc's in the house with win7 on but i use this pc for internet & burning disks. i know xp sp2 is now unsupported but it still knocks the spots off anything else...and boots in just 32 secs :-)

so untill i'm dragged screaming into a format and re-install...xp will happily remain on this little beauty.

thanks again for your help. i'm very impressed with the speed of reply.

when i unticked this option everything remained as it should.

Hi kez, if you untick only, after the next scan you have to do the same thing.

You have to right click on the item and choose Ignore option if you want it to stay as it is after future scan/repairs.

Cheers.

hi Toppack

It is still a good idea to read the thread Usage of IObit Products. :-)

The reg. setting wording "uninstall font core" may be changed ("obsolete) :-) in W7 to another wording but will probable still be recognizeable as the same setting :-) In case you want to look for it on your computer.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the Info.

font appearance changed

Enoskype:

After using for the 1st time (a few days ago) "Sysytem Optimization" in the Toolbox, my fonts, too, got blurred.

Followed your instructions (below); however, when opening IObit System Control tool in Toolbox of ASC, there was nothing that said Animations and Effects=>Font Smoothing to change it to "Clear Type".

What did I do incorrectly?

Thanks,

Writer JC

OS + Computer Details:

Intel, Celeron CPU 2.93 GHz

XP Home SP3 32 bit

2.93 GHz, 960 MB RAM

MS Essentials

IObit Malware Fighter Pro

IObit ASC 5.0 Pro

Auslogics BoostSpeed

Auslogics Disk De-Frag

Ccleaner

Hi Keza, welcome to IObit Forum!

Please open IObit System Control tool in Toolbox of ASC and go to: Animations and Effects=>Font Smoothing

and tell us what is the Smoothing for the fonts.

Change it to Clear Type if the smoothing is not so, and see if it corrects your problem.

Most probably the default font smoothing registry key for Clear Type is changed by System Optimization of Deep Care after Repair for better performance intention.

Hi again WriterJC,

It is there on the left pane when you scroll down to the bottom of left pane, under Others.

You may have to click on the chevron on the left pane to open the details of Others section to see Animations and Effects.

Cheers.

font appearance changed

Hi again WriterJC,

It is there on the left pane when you scroll down to the bottom of left pane, under Others.

enoskype:

Thank you for the snapshot and the above comment. 'Didn't scroll all the way down the first time. :oops:

Problem now solved. :-)

WriterJC

Archived