This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Hate Advanced SystemCare Pro 6 Interface

I just downloaded the new upgrade and won't be using until you bring back the ability to display it in full screen so that I can see all the details of the Registry Entries it wants to fix. I don't understand why you've changed this. I am not going to waste time hovering over each and every item to try and read the details to determine whether or not I want to delete an item.

Advanced users like me are not going to be happy with this new restrictive layout.
    Last edited by cabogal; Oct. 25th, 2012, 01:27.

Comment

Hi cabogal! Welcome to the Iobit forums!

I agree with you on this...
      so that I can see all the details of the Registry Entries it wants to fix
      There is a work around in the toolbox... though a user shouldn't have to work around.:shock:

Sincerely,
      -Mel
      Live long abd prosper!
      Last edited by Melvin_Deal; Oct. 25th, 2012, 05:11.

Comment

ASC6 Skins transfer from V4 and V5, please

Comment

What is the Full Screen Display Workaround?

Originally posted by Melvin_Deal View Post
          I agree with you on this... There is a work around in the toolbox... though a user shouldn't have to work around.:shock:
          Melvin,

Could you please Explain the workaround? I tried finding it in Toolbox System Settings but maybe I am looking in the wrong place. I'm going to unistall this and go back to the old version if I can't find a fix because it always finds over 1000 reg entries it wants to delete. I've been there and done that before and learned my lesson with a registry cleaner and ended up trashing my computer. I hadn't done a full back up so it took weeks to restore the darn thing. Now I am extremely careful and only delete things I know won't harm my system because a lot of experts tell you to leave the registry alone.
          Last edited by cabogal; Oct. 26th, 2012, 00:14.

Comment

Hi cabogal, welcome to the IObit Forum! :-D

I think the workaround Mel mentions is to run Registry Cleaner tool in the Toolbox of ASC6.

All the high and low rated registry entries can be seen in full screen there.

Cheers.
            enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Hi cabogal!

Enoskype is correct concerning the toolbox and a workaround.:-D

You can always revert to the earlier version.

Using all the functions of ASC several times a day isn't advisable anyway. (even if carefully tailored within your settings it is certainly unnecessary)

Sincerely,
              -Mel
              Live long and prosper!

Comment

Hi cabogal, enoskype and Melvin...

Originally posted by cabogal View Post
                ...so that I can see all the details of the Registry Entries it wants to fix. I don't understand why you've changed this. I am not going to waste time hovering over each and every item to try and read the details to determine whether or not I want to delete an item.
                I agree with you on this... There is a work around in the toolbox... though a user shouldn't have to work around.:shock:
                Originally posted by enoskype View Post
                I think the workaround Mel mentions is to run Registry Cleaner tool in the Toolbox of ASC6.
                All the high and low rated registry entries can be seen in full screen there.
                Enoskype is correct concerning the toolbox and a workaround.:-D
                I also agree with cabogal :mrgreen:

And on Windows 2000 it's even worse:
                I have to try and read the details without the use of the scrollbars. They are not there!! :roll:

@enoskype: The Registry Cleaner tool is not available in the free version. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Jeroen View Post
                  @enoskype: The Registry Cleaner tool is not available in the free version. :cry:
                  Hi jeroen,

Deep Scan and Cleaning of Registry is not available in the free version of ASC 6 either!!!:lol:

Rest is considered as safe to delete anyway. :-D

BTW, It was only an idea of a workaround!!!

Cheers.
                  enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

ASC v6 Does not work with XP

ASC v6 Does not work with XP. When you try to use it, the UI just hangs after starting the scan process. I had to revert back to v5. This software is not ready for prime time -- sorry but there it is.

Comment

Hi Jeroen!

Originally posted by Jeroen View Post
                      I also agree with cabogal :mrgreen:

And on Windows 2000 it's even worse:
                      I have to try and read the details without the use of the scrollbars. They are not there!! :roll:

As I don't have even ASC6 free or pro anymore but am concerned with the testing of ASC Ultimate which required the uninstall of 6 (and have only one machine)... this is very helpful and useful information to many members and visitors here. Thank you!!:-D

Sincerely,
                      -Mel
                      Live long and prosper!

Comment

Hi BC8320! Welcome to the Iobit forums!

Originally posted by BC8320 View Post
                        ASC v6 Does not work with XP. When you try to use it, the UI just hangs after starting the scan process. I had to revert back to v5. This software is not ready for prime time -- sorry but there it is.
                        It is unfortunate that you are having difficulties with ASC6 as it is XP compatable.

I bet a clean install will fix your problems. You will find the guidelines here and here.

Sincerely,
                        -Mel
                        Live long and prosper!

Comment

I apologize for not being more clear!

Apologies Jeroen and Enoskype,

It is the tool within the newest release of the standalone Iobit toolbox available here that will offer the relief.:-D

Even though the screenshot of MG shows beta, the download is now v.1.2 non beta.

Sincerely,
                          -Mel
                          Live long and prosper!
                          Attached Files

Comment

It is unfortunate that you are having difficulties with ASC6 as it is XP compatable.

I bet a clean install will fix your problems. You will find the guidelines here and here.

Sincerely,
                            -Mel
                            Live long and prosper!
                            What a messy uninstall process--- why doesn't the uninstall process take care of all that? Very bad design. Time to look for a registry cleaner written by professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by BC8320 View Post
                              What a messy uninstall process--- why doesn't the uninstall process take care of all that? Very bad design. Time to look for a registry cleaner written by professionals.

Please elaborate on the uninstall process you are referring to?
                              why doesn't the uninstall process....
                              If you refer to the clean install guidelines then you will understand that the built in uninstallers don't always work as they should and require additional attention... this is across the board to all softwares. (some are better than others).

So please elaborate.

Sincerely,
                              -Mel
                              Live long and Prosper!
                              Last edited by Melvin_Deal; Oct. 28th, 2012, 01:38.

Comment

I'm using Version 6 Pro with XP and got no problem at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X