IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IMf with Avast Antivirus free good combo.

Having 2 will slow your system a little, but only on an older slow one will you notice the difference, except when they are Updating.

(That depends on how Often they Update)

We run 2 on all our systems, for the extra Insurance.

I like running Microsoft-Security-Essentials as one of them, though.

You need ant-virus also

I have been using the two together with no problems that I can tell so far.I just wonder if I need both?Any thoughts?

You need to run an anti-virus.

From the IObit website

Anti-malware, anti-spyware, anti-adware, anti-trojan, anti-bots, and more. IObit Malware Fighter can assist your antivirus to defend any tricky and complex threats

All the best, woz of oz

IMF is not an A/V software and it shoud be used together with an A/V software such as Avast, MSE, etc.

2 A/V softwares running together in a PC is not advised by securiyt experts.

Some A/V softwares have antimalware as an addition also.

Cheers.

EDIT: And again you beat me woz!:mrgreen:

:shock: WHAT! :shock:

Why did IObit Leave-Out Viruses :?:

That's the first thing security software is supposed to check for!

Viruses are the Number-One Malware.

What else did they leave out of IMF?

Does it check for Rootkit, Rogues, etc. ?

I knew there was a reason I had not tried it yet. :roll: :lol:

BTW - We have run 3 different well known malware programs at same time as MSE, with No problems or slow-downs.

(only One of them, plus MSE, per computer, of course)

(Avast is not one of those we have tried though)

Hi Toppack

Are you really saying that you haven't come across that information in the forum regarding both IS360 and its successor IObit Malware Fighter? :-)

ASC isn't an antivirus program either.

In the last couple of years the antivirus programs has begun to scan for other forms of malware than viruses. Even so IMF will sometimes find malware that is not found by the antivirus programs.

But the IS360/IMF is not an antivirus program and should therefore be run alongside a good antivirus program.

This has been mentioned innumerable times in the forum. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Toppack

Are you really saying that you haven't come across that information in the forum regarding both IS360 and its successor IObit Malware Fighter? :-)

ASC isn't an antivirus program either.

In the last couple of years the antivirus programs has begun to scan for other forms of malware than viruses. Even so IMF will sometimes find malware that is not found by the antivirus programs.

But the IS360/IMF is not an antivirus program and should therefore be run alongside a good antivirus program.

This has been mentioned innumerable times in the forum. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Surprize! :shock: Surprize! :shock:

No, I certainly don't remember reading that Anywhere.

I just assumed all the newer programs checked for viruses,

like all the major security programs do.

So, IObit considers viruses to be Obsolete malware, now? :shock:

Maybe they are ??? You don't hear much about them anymore.

(until some smartazz hacker starts transmitting them again)

Do you know if IMF checks for Rootkit and Phishing malware?

(I did not see those in list on the website)

I have

One Windows 7 SP1 x32 computer

Two Windows 7 SP1 x64 computers

on my home network

All of them are running the following in real-time.

avast! Internet Security (AIS)

IMF Pro

SAS Pro

WD

Works for me:?

Many prefer Malwarebytes to SAS. I use Malwarebytes in on-demand mode. I don't know how if there are conflicts running Malwarebytes Pro and IMF Pro together in real-time mode.

I could save some memory usage by turning off WD and probably not lose much in the way of security, but since it plays nice with the other three security products that I use I just leave it alone and let it do its thing.

I also use ASC Pro and Smart Defrag.

I could save some memory usage by turning off WD and probably not lose much in the way of security, but since it plays nice with the other three security products that I use I just leave it alone and let it do its thing.

Yes, I've not used WD but I think that using it also, is a little Overkill. :wink:

It's good to hear that they all work with no conflects.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Thanks guys.So far I see no one has any issues with IMF with Avast or MSE.

I switch between those two sometimes after a reformat or something.

Good to know.

I really don't like to pay for antivirus/antimalware software because my computers have gotten infected with paid versions of software in the past and they are usually around $40 to $50 a year.I think the free stuff available nowadays can give you almost the same protection as paid software versions anyway.

Archived