IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Insert Disk? [SOLVED]

cal680

Have been using Smart Defrag for years - never had problem. Had to reinstall it due to formating OS and now when I click on icon for Smart Defrag I get - Insert Disk in drive - If I click on continue about 10 times it comes up and will work. Have uninstalled and reinstalled three times and does same thing. Installed Beta 3 version from Cnet and that works fine - other than keeps telling me to install newer version - 2.4 which I did and I get the Insert Disk again.:x

Hi cal

Even though you are a long-time member I have to ask if you did a clean install and also checked both the SmartDefrag folder in programs and in Documents& Settings/application data for leftovers? Sorry -

But it is essential to be absolutely sure that the clean install was performed as it should be to make sure that possible leftovers doesn't play a role in the trouble you are having. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Have been using Smart Defrag for years - never had problem. Had to reinstall it due to formating OS and now when I click on icon for Smart Defrag I get - Insert Disk in drive - If I click on continue about 10 times it comes up and will work. Have uninstalled and reinstalled three times and does same thing. Installed Beta 3 version from Cnet and that works fine - other than keeps telling me to install newer version - 2.4 which I did and I get the Insert Disk again.:x

Hi cal

Before formatting the drive, did you save Documents&Settings and put that back - or did you lose all your data?

Or did you have an image that you restored?

Do you mind explaining what a clean install entails to you, please?

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes - clean install. I had to reformat the hard drive and Smart Defrag was the first thing I put back on hard drive - so nothing could have been left from previous install

Go figure

Did another download from Geeks - download site 2 - it now works. Go figure. I guess their primary site must have something missing in the download. Works fine now. Thanks for assist and suggestions.:-)

Hi cal

Great!

So it was the setup file

Thank you very much for the feedback!

Cheers

solbjerg

Did another download from Geeks - download site 2 - it now works. Go figure. I guess their primary site must have something missing in the download. Works fine now. Thanks for assist and suggestions.:-)

Smart Defrag 2.4?

Hi downloaded latest version of 'Smart Defrag' 2.4. Now on first start up a box pops up (Smartdefrag.ex.-no disk) saying ' there is no disk in drive'?, on either pressing cancel or try again a few times, the actual program opens up & works fine. Just wondered if anyone else experienced this?

Thx

Hi joe2cool,

Our engineers have developed a demo to look into this issue. Please kindly help us look into it.

1)Please download the DriveCheck.rar and extract it to get DriveCheck.exe.

2)Double click on it to run it and check whether there is the same issue.

3)If yes, please find and send us the DriveCheck_Method2.txt where you put the DriveCheck.exe.

Thanks in advance!:-)

Hi having same problem since downloading 2.4, also never had a problem before.

On start up a box pops up saying 'there's no disk in drive'?

Thx

Hi joe2cool, Version 2.5 is available now. It is here... give it a shot. I recommend a clean install. Clean install guidelines are here and here. The clean install guidelines are effective for any Iobit software.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived