IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Unable To fully Delete ASC6

Xcom46

I tried to Delete.

Any way.

Can not seem to Delete the Folder in Windows Xp 64bit.

Every time i try to delete the ASC Folder I keep Getting a Error message.

Cannot delete ASCExMenu_64.tmp:Access denied

Way is that i Uninstalled the program but the file still remains in my C Drive 64bit programs.I think this is a issue.

I was Able to Delete the ASC5 just fine but for some reason it is not Deleting on ASC6.

Any way to get rid of this other then going to F8 safe mode.

drill down

Hi Xcom46,

may or may not help,

got same error, but NOT same cause trying to delete other folders.

what i tended todo was open the major folder>delete minor folders,

go back to major folder then delete that.

Roy

Not sure if this helps but this is a windows issued error. Permissions are denied. Are you functioning as the admin... I assume so but please verify.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

lol yes this is my own computer i had to go threw the F8 Safe mode to delete the folder.

I do not think it likes ASC5 in the same folder i think that was the issue.

I can try to recreate the issue.

And another thing i am seeing is it will delete Iobit uninstaller as well when i try to delete ASC6.

But i have ASC5 installed as well.

Getting a new Error.Trying install now.

Exception EFOpenError in Module ASCPlugin_Protection.dll at 00025F43

Cannot open file C:\Documents and settings\ \Appdata\Locllow\Iobit\AdvanceSystemCare v6\Main.ini

And i can not seem recreate the first error.

Hi all,

The first error regarding ASCExMenu_64.tmp is because that the context menu file is still in use even after you uninstall the program.

Please simply reboot your computer and then you can delete them easily.

If you still failed to delete them even after you reboot your computer, please post the result here again.

Regarding the error "Exception EFOpenError in Module ASCPlugin_Protection.dll at 00025F43

Cannot open file C:\Documents and settings\ \Appdata\Locllow\Iobit\AdvanceSystemCare v6\Main.ini", we have forwarded it to programmers now and we will feedback once we get some update from them.

Exception EFOpenError in Module ASCPlugin_Protection.dll at 00025F43

Cannot open file C:\Documents and settings\ \Appdata\Locllow\Iobit\AdvanceSystemCare v6\Main.ini

Hi Xcom46,

Regarding the above error, please ignore the error and continue the installation process.

Please open your Internet Explorer to check whether the Surfing Protection is working normally after you finish the install.

Thanks very much for your help and patience. :-P

Archived