IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Defrag

ragous

Smart Defrag has an option for chosen files and folders to be defragmented

C'mon guys, please pay more attention to the SD program! 8:)

Smart Defrag defragments Files and Folders if you define which ones you want to be defragged. It is right on the main GUI. Or you can exclude (Settings, Exclude List) chosen files and folders from defragmentation if you wish.

Click the chevron shape (Add file or folder) and choose to Add file... or Add folder... from the appering links just below the Volumes pane or just above the clusters map (above State (C:) tab).

Those chosen will be added to the Volumes pane with their Names and a red x to delete later from the Volumes pane if you wish.

Hello Toppack, IMHO, adding and excluding files/folders is not a luxury but a must for a good defragmenter.

It took IObit quite long time to include those in their free and very good defragmenter - Smart Defrag. :-D;-)

Cheers.

Think about a virtual OS in an OS and it can be in tens of Gigabytes and could be scattered all over (all together couple of files in the main OS). Or a Download folder all the time changing (fragmenting) with all the new setup versions of the same softwares in it?

Still not logical?

Only important function missing in SD for me is to place the chosen files/folders to a chosen section of the disk. :-( :idea:

Cheers.

Not necessarily all of them need it at the same time and the time for the defragmentation will be much shorter.

For example when you use a virtual XP OS in an Win7 OS, only the virtual part may need defragmentation or vice versa.

Anyway for a better empty space consolidation it is much more practical.

I understand you, as you seem to have unlimited (nearly relatively) space in your PCs because of the large sizes of the disks but with smaller disks it is more important.

On the other hand, more you do defragmentation for more files, more defragmented $USnjrnl:$J:$DATA file you will have, to be defragmented Off Line (boot-time).

I'll just give you an example of a single fragmented/defragmented file with the attached images.

The large red clusters at the inner side of the disk and in the middle of the disk is ONE (1) file, so think about it.

Cheers.

I think I understand what you are saying,

but my answer is the Same as Usual:

If that becomes necessary, you Need to,

Upgrade to Faster computers

and Bigger Hard-drives.

I Know, I know, I Did It Again! :roll:

I'm just Logical, that way. :grin:

Context Menu

...Smart Defrag defragments Files and Folders if you define which ones you want to be defragged. It is right on the main GUI. Or you can exclude (Settings, Exclude List) chosen files and folders from defragmentation if you wish.

Click the chevron shape (Add file or folder) and choose to Add file... or Add folder... from the appering links just below the Volumes pane or just above the clusters map (above State (C:) tab).

Those chosen will be added to the Volumes pane with their Names and a red x to delete later from the Volumes pane if you wish....

I would like to see the option (checkbox in Settings) to include Defrag with Smart Defrag in the right click Context menu.

When selected on a file or folder a small window would popup with just a simple progress bar :smile:

Edit: Oh wait, I now see this thread is in the Advanced SystemCare v6 BETA section, now I am really confused :?:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived