IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Pro Deep Registry Scan - BSOD

MathR

Hello,

When running ASC Pro deep registry scan alongside Zone Alarm Free Antivirus + Firewall the computer crashs presenting a BSOD.

Just running the scan will do it, there is actually no action taken on the registry at all. If I open the ASC interface and run a Deep Care Scan with the option "Enable Deep Clean" ticked under settings the computer will crash during the scan stage. There is actually no cleaning done at all. This problem started after I installed Zone Alarm Free Antivirus + Firewall, and by unnistalling Zone Alarm I was able to see that it was the cause of the problem.

I have zipped and uploaded the full memory dump so you can look into it.

http://www.crocko.com/E557597949CE40669A5C4F4B74F938FE/memorydmp.rar

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have been sorting this out over PM with Cicely.

I know about Comodo, but I found it hard to use, I had some problems with Comodo and some of my games. The problem actually occurs with the ZA Antivirus + Firewall Free version. So far the devs. weren't able to replicate the issue.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are still having problems. I am sure however that the developers will continue to try and resolve it for you.

In the meantime I was wondering if this problem only occurs with Deep Scan and Deep Clean selected.

Have you tried it in simplified Mode with Deep Clean disabled ??.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are still having problems. I am sure however that the developers will continue to try and resolve it for you.

In the meantime I was wondering if this problem only occurs with Deep Scan and Deep Clean selected.

Have you tried it in simplified Mode with Deep Clean disabled ??.

Hi Scannan,

Thks :)

If I untick "Enable Deep Clean" (pro feature) the problem no longer occurs

MathR,

Thank you, for your reply. At least it is a partial solution. I would however ask you to pass this information on to Cicely, as it may help them to identify the problem and resolve it fully.

I do not want to confuse the issue by passing it to her myself. You can simply reference the thread to her if it would be easier.

TIA

Hi Scannan,

I am keeping Cecily updated over PM :)

I have been testing this in a Virtual Machine and just found out that Comodo Programs Manager needs to be installed for the crash to happen.

Though and don't think it is directly related with CPM since the problem doesn't happen if Zone Alarm is disabled or if Deep Scan is unticked.

Archived