IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto clean vs Scans

Heinz57

Hi Heinz57... welcome to the Iobit forums!

AutoCare or auto clean is not the same as deepcare. Be careful with the deepcare function concerning high risk items... high risk means high risk of damage to your system.

Also please consider the additional weight on your system using any automatic function of any software.

You should run scans with the PRO version if you feel you need to. Pay attention to the settings and the results of the scans by opting to not scan and repair... but scan only.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Deep Clean

Mel

I have noticed this issue regarding Deep Care/Deep Clean in many other posts/Threads.

Thankfully, you have gone to great length to advise users on the danger of Deep Cleaning...and it can only be hoped that they follow your advice.

However, it would appear that many users learn the hard way, when they inadvertantly remove required files.

I have often wondered if it would not be advantageous for Iobit to include a warning/Advisory in either the Deepcare Settings or in the Expert Mode GUI, or maybe in both, relating to the need for caution and the necessity to check each item.

I do not wish to give the illusion that Iobit should have to nursemaid users , but this particular item, can cause such grief if not used properly that it may be a justifiable request. I thought that rather than just send it through to Iobit, that I would run it by the forum.

Hi Scannan.

You have been paying attention...:wink: Thanks!

The suggestions you state have been made by multiple members here. We have yet to see the final state of ASC6.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Mel

I have noticed this issue regarding Deep Care/Deep Clean in many other posts/Threads.

Thankfully, you have gone to great length to advise users on the danger of Deep Cleaning...and it can only be hoped that they follow your advice.

However, it would appear that many users learn the hard way, when they inadvertantly remove required files.

I have often wondered if it would not be advantageous for Iobit to include a warning/Advisory in either the Deepcare Settings or in the Expert Mode GUI, or maybe in both, relating to the need for caution and the necessity to check each item.

I do not wish to give the illusion that Iobit should have to nursemaid users , but this particular item, can cause such grief if not used properly that it may be a justifiable request. I thought that rather than just send it through to Iobit, that I would run it by the forum.

in a perfect world in would be niceto see more details about what each registry entry does that is listed in deep care results.

when its just a line of numbers your taking a gamble on deleting it, if its needed you will not notice till either you reboot or open a related program at a later date.

never seen a reg program that does this with enough detail.

Hi Heinz

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10427&stc=1&d=1348055885

Untick Registry Fix

First I must say that I do not use the Auto Care option and do not therefore know for sure whether the registry gets deep cleaned during the Auto Care.

In my opinion I think it doesn't as this would be too risky while the deep cleaning entails the cleaning of items that have a high risk of making unwanted changes to your setup.

It is in the program strongly recommended that you check each item before "cleaning" it away and this is impossible to do automatically, therefore I don't think that the deep clean option is used during Auto Care.

In the Auto Care settings you have the option to untick the registry cleaning - I think I would do that if I used the automatic functions.

Then I would probably do a manual cleaning once in a while where I also deep cleaned the registry - going through the items found and deselected those I knew I needed and those I was unsure of.

In a couple of other posts I have described how I do this.

Cleaning the registry especially deep cleaning the registry as often as you clean privacy and junk files is in my opinion not necessary.

Cheers

solbjerg

is auto clean in 5.4 Pro the same as deep clean?

Do I have to run any scans any more with pro at all

Txs for any answers

Heinz 57

Sunny Staines/Solbjerg

I agree fully with what you both say, and no reg clean utility could explain each item. However, I would still hope that Iobit will consider putting in a more effective warning/advisory regarding deep Registry Cleaning, in the relative areas, as per the many suggestions which have been put forward.

It is absolutely each users responsibility to be aware of their actions, but sadly it is the new users who tend to make the errors, which then gives them an unjustly negative view of Iobit/ASC. So an effective warning would assist in eliminating this issue.

With regard to Auto Care.... I use it all the time on the setting...

"Perform AutoCare when the system is idle"

I have never had a problem and I find that this setting ensures that there is never a large amount of items to be repaired, and therefore less risk of an error due to large repair/changes having to be made. In other words I believe it is more gentle on the system.

Additionally, from every investigation and check I have made, it is my opinion that AutoCare does not use Deep Clean in its operation.

I apologise for the lengthy post, but I am concerned that users (especially new users) will be made too nervous to use some of the functions of this very excellent utility.

Hi Scannan

I agree that additional warning is a very good idea.

What form would you suggest??

It has been suggested numerous times - why that hasn't had an effect in the setup of the program I do not know.

Perhaps it is the fact that some users ignore all warnings as if they simply don't see it - just like many do not go through the settings prior to running a program. WHY is that?

Perhaps it is just the fact that those we come in contact with are the ones that do not see or heed the warnings, but that millions of others that we are unaware of really do?

Cheers

solbjerg

Sunny Staines/Solbjerg

I agree fully with what you both say, and no reg clean utility could explain each item. However, I would still hope that Iobit will consider putting in a more effective warning/advisory regarding deep Registry Cleaning, in the relative areas, as per the many suggestions which have been put forward.

It is absolutely each users responsibility to be aware of their actions, but sadly it is the new users who tend to make the errors, which then gives them an unjustly negative view of Iobit/ASC. So an effective warning would assist in eliminating this issue.

With regard to Auto Care.... I use it all the time on the setting...

"Perform AutoCare when the system is idle"

I have never had a problem and I find that this setting ensures that there is never a large amount of items to be repaired, and therefore less risk of an error due to large repair/changes having to be made. In other words I believe it is more gentle on the system.

Additionally, from every investigation and check I have made, it is my opinion that AutoCare does not use Deep Clean in its operation.

I apologise for the lengthy post, but I am concerned that users (especially new users) will be made too nervous to use some of the functions of this very excellent utility.

Solbjerg

Absolutely... it is an unfortunate human trait ( more so in the young 'uns)

to ignore advice screens and warnings... We can but try.

I remember many years ago seeing a Gernman Technical book for new equipment... On the last page in large print it said.....

" NOW THAT YOU'VE SCREWED EVERYTHING UP...PLEASE RETURN TO THE BEGINNING AND ACTUALLY READ THE INSTRUCTIONS"

Hi Scannan :-)

Have you read my little allegory about "Dishwashing"

Cheers (Grüsse)

solbjerg

Solbjerg

Absolutely... it is an unfortunate human trait ( more so in the young 'uns)

to ignore advice screens and warnings... We can but try.

I remember many years ago seeing a Gernman Technical book for new equipment... On the last page in large print it said.....

" NOW THAT YOU'VE SCREWED EVERYTHING UP...PLEASE RETURN TO THE BEGINNING AND ACTUALLY READ THE INSTRUCTIONS"

• 3 weeks later...

Archived