IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Setting Reset

bill3333

:mrgreen:Every time I boot, my theme is reset to Windows XP blue default, and my Sounds theme is reset to default, please advise how to stop this.

:oops:XP SP3 IOBit ASC + Smart Defrag, I have checked all the optimizing settings. I can't see that any other of my service programs like JV16 would do this.

:-)I have use IOBit ASC + Smart Defrag, for years now and found them brilliant.

Many thanks Bill3333

Hi bill3333... good to see you again.

If you could, please describe this issue further and confirm that it happens every time you re-boot.

I wonder:

How recently this started occurring and was it after some kind of change to your machine (an update, upgrade, installation of a new software, etc.)?

Is there some action you are doing that has changed? (Are you doing something differently before re-booting like running some softwares differently)?

What is the source of your currently preferred themes? Are they native Windows files or are they alien?

Have you had any kind of critical event with your system recently? ((an event that caused disruption in normal Windows operation that required attention to repair/restore?)

Have you noticed any other quirks in your Windows operation? (such as sluggishness, slow boot, Windows hanging (difficulty getting it to respond), etc.)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

My apologies.

To Scannan,

I did not see your post as I was editing mine. I have a self-recognized histoy of over editing my posts. (nobody has ever suggested this but myself to myself). I probably performed two or three edits on my post while you were composing yours. In this case... as is the usual I was clarifying the additional information I wished detailed.

I am much better about than I once was.:-) At least I am not trying to edit other members posts, such as yours!:oops:

Now it is your turn to laugh!

@bill3333 I'm glad that you continue to post here on the rare occasion you have a question!:grin:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and Prosper!

Hi bill

What are you settings in the service Theme in services.msc in Run?

If the setting is not started or deactivated - not automatic, I think that what you report could happen. This could be something in your settings in ASC, but I don't remember what.

One way to deal with it is to make the service Theme automatic and started and then find it under the details where it will be shown under problems if it really is this that is causing it, when you run a cleaning in ASC.

After you have found it - right click it and choose Ignore to place it in the Ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

:mrgreen:Every time I boot, my theme is reset to Windows XP blue default, and my Sounds theme is reset to default, please advise how to stop this.

:oops:XP SP3 IOBit ASC + Smart Defrag, I have checked all the optimizing settings. I can't see that any other of my service programs like JV16 would do this.

:-)I have use IOBit ASC + Smart Defrag, for years now and found them brilliant.

Many thanks Bill3333

Progress.

:cry:Hi Everyone,

:mrgreen:Thanks for the advice, and I think solbjerg has come up with the best approach, which I will try later, as I have a lot of gardening to do now its stopped raining ..... we hope.

:oops:To answer Mel's thread .... this is a new computer, and the problem did not exist before I installed all the programs, and I have narrowed it down to ASC, so the question is >>>>> Does ASC reset your Display theme and Sound Theme.

:sad:I use the AmberGlow theme, and a No Mouse Clicking sound theme.

:-) I will report back soon after I have tested solbjerg"s solution.

Archived