IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC v6 Beta 3 disabled IMF

Scannan

Updated from V6 Beta 2 to V6 Beta 3. Restarted pc. Noticed IMF was not in the Taskbar. Manually opened IMF. Found that the "Execute at windows Startup" box was unticked. Also "Minimize to System Tray when program is closed" box was unticked.

These had both been Ticked, in Beta 2, and had been working fine. Why would Beta 3 alter the settings of IMF. It is particularly worrying that Iobits ASC would disable Iobits IMF. Particularly as IMF is protecting the pc and should run at startup.

An additional problem, was that even after starting IMF manually, and ticking both boxes, when I closed IMF it did not minimize to the system tray.

I had to restart IMF, Untick the minimize to system tray box, click apply, click ok. Close IMF. OpenIMF again. Tick the Minimize to system tray box again, click apply, click ok. Then when I closed IMF it did minimize to system tray.

I find this negative interaction between ASC Beta and IMF, very disturbing, and I think Iobit really needs to look at it.

See also IMF "Risk Registry Modify" affects System Restore".....which also demonstrates this negative interaction between ASC and IMF.

Archived