IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

what happens next

scrd01

Hi All,

while posting about Andylofgren problem,

I was actually wondering what actually happens when the free space = 0

Does it just boot,

and BSOD,

just hang on the welcome screen.

or go BOOOOOM.

NOT that iwant to try or have ever even heard of it.

Roy

So Far... after a short search.

Everything I have found indicates that Windows and Linux both will continue to give increasing warnings that your disk is almost full and the problem should be addressed... I have yet to find an instance where a user reports their machine is completely non functional... I'm sure the instances have happened though and I have only searched briefly. I suppose the vast majority of users address the issue before it is so problematic that their Windows or Linux won't run. I suppose the forum member had been ignoring the warnings for some time.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Also on the other thread...

Looking for all thoughts and input on this:mrgreen: Pretty please!

This file path is open to many possibilities... It could be bad but it could be known... and it isn't:

C:\P-----m Files\IObit\Ad---ced SystemCare Ul---ate\ASC.exe" /widget_scan
(I have altered so it is separate from the other thread to searchers including the bots)

As we are in the lounge...

Unless widget_scan is reference to the perf. monitor ((a supposition and question) and as the perf. monitor seems to not create its own service... notice the " before the command re-direct on exe, it is ASC.exe" not ASC.exe). The " would make it non executable.

It would be nice to see how the command path was produced as posted, so that it can be re-produced and see how it became labeled as i.exe by the original poster as no evidence is provided.(scientific method). There is only an assertion in the title and first post that there is i.exe. No evidence is provided!

I discovered numerous i.exe that were not malware. One was concerning Mac OS, one a mobile app, four that were softwares designed for Win (none big)... then I stopped as there were more.

I do hope that the original member posts back as I would love to reproduce the results!!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived