IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A problem with system booster and downloading.

keroko

After the automatic update to V6, I found I am now saddled with two problems.

The first problem is that for some strange reason, the old booster is still active, and with V5 being overwritten, I have no way to turn it of.

The second, and this is where things get funny, is that I can no longer download anything. At all. The download box pops up, but as soon as I click "save file" nothing happens.

I have no idea what's causing this, and while the boost is a minor issue, the lack of being able to download anything is rather crippling.

I can no longer download anything. At all. The download box pops up, but as soon as I click "save file" nothing happens.

Are there any of the 'Parental-control' settings, of your Browser settings, that could cause that?

(which internet-Browser are you using?)

Mozilla firefox, and no such settings on firefox were ever touched by me. The problem started after SystemCare 6 updated and scanned, so unless SystemCare made such changes the problem should not lie there.

Interestingly enough, internet explorer seems to remain untouched by this and still works as usual.

Did a rollback to before the scan with the rescue center, both registry related and internet boost, and that seemed to have fixed the download issue.

Though that still leaves me with the now permanently on booster from V5 (which was also set up to disable printers so that's another problem). And of course an iobit I can't use since it'll short circuit my firefox.

Oh well, progress!

Hi keroko,

Would you please help us to look into this issue?

1. Reinstall v6 on your computer.

2. Only run Internt Boost under Care to see whether the problem related to downloading will appear again.

3. If it happens again, please run Rescue Internet Boost feature to see whether it can fix it or not.

Thanks in advance.

Archived