IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Systemcare V6 Disaster [Before Clean Install]

pladecalvo

I have run Systemcare Pro v5 for two years. I upgraded to v6 last week. What a disaster!!! As soon as it loaded the system crashed. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling about 6 times now and every time it has crashed. I'm trying to stay with V5 as I had no problems with that but every time I leave the computer unattended, it automatically loads V6...and then crashes. If I can't stop these automatic updated, the only solution will be to bin Systemcare altogether and try something else. How do I stop 'auto updates'?

Also. How do I stop that annoying 'system performance monitor' loading?

Hi pladecalvo

I would suggest that you check your settings and untick the automatic update.

Likewise in the settings untick the the loading of system performance monitor.

Please read the Manual or Usage of IObit Products (link in my signature)

Reinstall should be performed as a Clean Install (link in my signature)

Cheers

solbjerg

I have run Systemcare Pro v5 for two years. I upgraded to v6 last week. What a disaster!!! As soon as it loaded the system crashed. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling about 6 times now and every time it has crashed. I'm trying to stay with V5 as I had no problems with that but every time I leave the computer unattended, it automatically loads V6...and then crashes. If I can't stop these automatic updated, the only solution will be to bin Systemcare altogether and try something else. How do I stop 'auto updates'?

Also. How do I stop that annoying 'system performance monitor' loading?

Hi pladecalvo

I would suggest that you check your settings and untick the automatic update.

Likewise in the settings untick the the loading of system performance monitor.

Please read the Manual or Usage of IObit Products (link in my signature)

Reinstall should be performed as a Clean Install (link in my signature)

Cheers

solbjerg

pladecalvo, if you still have updates after what solbjerg says, try renaming AutoUpdate.exe file in the main folder of ASC5.

Cheers.

Ok, thanks folks. I have followed your links for uninstalling and installing solbjerg. V6 is now installed and so far, the system has not crashed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will now work.

Thanks both

Hi pladecalvo

Did you notice in the settings than one of the items in the Junk file cleaning was the Clip board?

It can be a little unexpected to have the clip board emptied particularly if it is done by the automatic cleaning. If done manually one would somewhat expect it to clean that item if one had selected that option in the settings, right?

Please select the settings you want and run the program a couple of times manually before selecting the automatic functions, also bear in mind that you can select the items you want to keep by placing them in the ignore list.

Please check all found "problems" before cleaning them, - hard to do if on automatic :-) So wait with the automatic functions until the program is configured to YOUR specifications.

Cheers

solbjerg

OK..Just noticed that since installing V6, I can no longer copy and paste from the Google translator to a 'Word' document although I can copy and paste within a word doc or from one word doc to another!! The same has happened on my laptop. Any ideas?

Hi pladecalvo

Did you notice in the settings than one of the items in the Junk file cleaning was the Clip board?

It can be a little unexpected to have the clip board emptied particularly if it is done by the automatic cleaning. If done manually one would somewhat expect it to clean that item if one had selected that option in the settings, right?

Please select the settings you want and run the program a couple of times manually before selecting the automatic functions, also bear in mind that you can select the items you want to keep by placing them in the ignore list.

Please check all found "problems" before cleaning them, - hard to do if on automatic :-) So wait with the automatic functions until the program is configured to YOUR specifications.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well....I didn't understand a word of that!! :lol:

Hi pladecalvo,

The image showing what solbjerg is pointing out is attached.

Also, a second image shows the checkbox in the settings of SmartRAM.

Please keep that one unchecked too.

Cheers.

P.s. Good of you to remember that setting too enoskype http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Cheers solbjerg

Hi pladecalvo,

The image showing what solbjerg is pointing out is attached.

Also, a second image shows the checkbox in the settings of SmartRAM.

Please keep that one unchecked too.

Cheers.

P.s. Good of you to remember that setting too enoskype http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Cheers solbjerg

Thanks chaps. 'Clip Board' is unchecked but that didn't fix it. I can copy and paste from a word document to the translator but not from the translator to a word document. It's the same on my tower computer and my laptop. Both just having had V6 installed.

Another gremlin has raised it's head since installing V6. In my 'Gmail', some of the messages are missing parts and I'm getting this....

"HTTP Status Code 404: Not Found"

Hi pladecalvo

Did you notice that enoskype mentioned the setting in Smart RAM too?

I forgot to mention that, sorry.

This HAS to be unticked if you want to use your clipboard as you have been used to.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. In services.msc please check if your DNS service is activated - have you cleaned out that too by ticking the DNS cache to be cleaned in Junk files in ASC?

Thanks chaps. 'Clip Board' is unchecked but that didn't fix it. I can copy and paste from a word document to the translator but not from the translator to a word document. It's the same on my tower computer and my laptop. Both just having had V6 installed.

Another gremlin has raised it's head too. In my 'Gmail', some of the messages are missing bits and I'm getting this....

Only started since installing V6

Did you notice that enoskype mentioned the setting in Smart RAM too?

I forgot to mention that, sorry.

This HAS to be unticked if you want to use your clipboard as you have been used to.

Yes, that is unchecked too. If there was a problem with the clipboard, wouldn't there be the same problem copying from Word to Google translator as there is copying from the translator to Word??

p.s. In services.msc please check if your DNS service is activated - have you cleaned out that too by ticking the DNS cache to be cleaned in Junk files in ASC?

The 'DNS cashe' is not checked.

In my 'Gmail', some of the messages are missing parts and I'm getting this....

The 404 code means that the server, at Gmail, could not be found.

So that probably is a Over-cleaning of the DNS-cache related problem?

Was that problem only seen when useing FF, also?

If so, I suggest useing IE-9 Browser to solve all compatibility problems.

So that probably is a Over-cleaning of the DNS-cache related problem?
Oh dear! This damn v6 is causing too many problems. I think it's time to dump it. :-?

Was that problem only seen when useing FF, also?
No, it's the same with Chrome.

If so, I suggest useing IE-9 Browser to solve all compatibility problems.
IE??????????? You surely jest!!!! :mrgreen:

I tried IE9 but found the loading to take three times longer than Firefox.

The only problem we have seen with the 'load time' are caused by all the Add-on Tool-bars,

that so many software programs keep trying to add to it, :cry:

that Slow it down greatly. :roll:

The only problem we have seen with the 'load time' are caused by all the Add-on Tool-bars,

that so many software programs keep trying to add to it, :cry:

that Slow it down greatly. :roll:

I couldn't find any easy way to import bookmarks from Firefox other than than by creating some 'file' or other. A bit daunting for us 'old geezers' that are not up to speed with technology. :roll:

This Info may help with the bookmark-transfer (export/import):
Thanks...but did you read some of the comments? I think I'll play safe and stay with Firefox. :grin:

Hey, I'm an "old Geezer" too. :grin:
Not as old as me I'll wager. I'm almost a '64bit' version! :lol:

:shock:It loads Faster than I can Blink, :shock:

so why would anyone need one Faster than that! :-D

I have a HomePage, that I created, on our computers,

so the load-time is not slowed by a home-page website-server, which may be busy at the time,

or slow internet-connection, or Security-scans,

which are the things that slow a browser the most.

Note - Having a local HomePage is the only True way to compare Browser load speeds

(there are too many Varibles with an Internet connection home-page)

I have a HomePage, that I created, on our computers,

so the load-time is not slowed by a home-page website-server, which may be busy at the time,

or slow internet-connection, or Security-scans,

which are the things that slow a browser the most.

Note - Having a local HomePage is the only True way to compare Browser load speeds

(there are too many Varibles with an Internet connection home-page)

Now you're speaking a foreign language man! "Homepage"??? What the....... ?:shock:

Archived