IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

False Positive Fixes

I have today (09/11/12) upgraded from ASC 6 Pro to ASC 2013 with Anti-Virus. I made a point of doing a full scan and repair using ASC 6 Pro before running the upgrade, so that I knew my PC had a clean bill of health before upgrading.

However, as soon as I installed ASC 2013 I updated it's database and immediately ran a deep scan, which should have come up clean given I had just run the full ASC 6 search and repair. However ASC 2013 said the PC now needed 397 fixes required of which 272 were high impact registry fixes, 2 Windows Updates and 15 Optimisations were necessary???

This would rather imply, either ASC 6 Pro is not finding half of what it should have or ASC 2013 creates a real mess when it installs or it is finding an array of false positives to fix?

hi ffireblade

Did you consider that many places that previously had an address referring to ASC 6 now makes use of an address that refer to ASC 2013+AV?

Which makes the ASC 6 adresses obsolete I guess.

A clean install might have made the the numbers of fixes smaller, is my guess :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I have today (09/11/12) upgraded from ASC 6 Pro to ASC 2013 with Anti-Virus. I made a point of doing a full scan and repair using ASC 6 Pro before running the upgrade, so that I knew my PC had a clean bill of health before upgrading.

However, as soon as I installed ASC 2013 I updated it's database and immediately ran a deep scan, which should have come up clean given I had just run the full ASC 6 search and repair. However ASC 2013 said the PC now needed 397 fixes required of which 272 were high impact registry fixes, 2 Windows Updates and 15 Optimisations were necessary???

This would rather imply, either ASC 6 Pro is not finding half of what it should have or ASC 2013 creates a real mess when it installs or it is finding an array of false positives to fix?

Archived