IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Vulnerabilty scan deleted MS patch

SkywayTraveler

I ran the vulnerability scan on my ASC Free. At the end, the summary had checked the entry "High (1 items)", and below it checked the entry, "Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (KB2467173) 4/5/12 8.62mb". Evidently it deleted the MS security patch! Does ASC think that the patch itself is vulnerable? :?:

Now I don't know what to do. Reinstall the Redistributable C++ compiler? Run without the security patch? Stop using ASC Vulnerability scans? Stop using ASC altogether? :?:

I tried to report it to IOBit, but the support screen greyed out the screen and disabled any input to them. :?

Any help out there? :roll:

hi Skyway Traveller

Sounds strange

The vulnerability scan usually finds - and if repair button is clicked - repairs the vulnerability by installing the security update.

If you then scan again it will of course not find any security vulnerability.

Have you checked if you have the KB2467173 file on your computer?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. How are your settings in ASC?

p.p.s. IObit does not offer support for users of the free version

I ran the vulnerability scan on my ASC Free. At the end, the summary had checked the entry "High (1 items)", and below it checked the entry, "Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (KB2467173) 4/5/12 8.62mb". Evidently it deleted the MS security patch! Does ASC think that the patch itself is vulnerable? :?:

Now I don't know what to do. Reinstall the Redistributable C++ compiler? Run without the security patch? Stop using ASC Vulnerability scans? Stop using ASC altogether? :?:

I tried to report it to IOBit, but the support screen greyed out the screen and disabled any input to them. :?

Any help out there? :roll:

Hi solbjerg,

I belive there is misuse of the name of the functions by SkywayTraveler here.

Perhaps, OP meant Scan and Repair, I am saying perhaps as my understanding of the working behaviour of ASC is such that it will never delete a security update packace of MS.

Cheers.

My guess is the security update Failed to download/install properly.

I have had that happen before, but in my case it was considered by Microsoft to be an 'optional' update, so I did not worry about it. :wink:

Note - today we had 14 more updates to download, to all our computers, which took Way too Much of my Valuable-Time! :lol:

When I Googled KB2467173 problem I found quite a few complaints of it not installing, could it be that it was not installed on your computer before?

If you can't find that update or are not sure how to find it I suggest you launch Internet Explorer and go to Windows Update then choose the Custom option, you will be able to see which updates Microsoft recommends if any.

If it says you need to install update KB2467173 but it still fails to install, you might find this solution from Microsoft Answers helpful.

May 3/11 I was able to resolve the installation problem by uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2010,reinstalling and then downloaded KB 2467173 and it installed

All the best, woz of oz

Archived