IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 2.7 (2.7.0.1165) is available! (NEW)

enoskype

http://www.iobit.com/tpl/images/products/listpage/sd.pngSmart Defrag 2.7 is available. (December 26, 2012) NEW

......http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6499&stc=1&d=1292462110

From: MajorGeeks (defragsetup.exe 4861 KB) Setup File version: 2.7.0.1165

Application File: SmartDefrag.exe (1574 KB) Application File version: 2.7.0.1165

Changelog:

--------------------------

+ Improved Installer

+ Updated Language Files

+ Fixed General bugs

NOTE:

This FREE program is advertising supported and may offer to install third party programs that are not required for the program to run. These may include a toolbar (Spigot), changing your homepage, default search engine or other third party programs. Please watch the installation carefully to opt out by declining the toolbar agreement if you don't wish to install it.

Cheers.

Hi sunny

When installing did you then first close down completely the previous program version?

Did you have the program running automatically?

After the updating to a new version did you restart the computer or the program?

Have you tried a "clean install"?

In your program folder what does your latestnews.ini say about your last update? Mine shows today's date.

Cheers

solbjerg

since installing this version keep getting a pop up saying new version available, how do i stop it please.

solbjerg

always close SD before installing new version. On SD at the bottom of the screen is " hide latest news" but cannot read below it as it is off screen tried dragging sides in to make the display smaller but they will not shrink anymore, from looking at the top of the fonts that are barley visible i think it says "free" in blue fonts but cannot read anymore.

program is set on auto.

set up file shows 2.7 as per major geeks listing, but SD programe when opened on main page and in "about" show ver 2.5.

could this explain the pop ups, anyone else got this.

Hi sunny

I was talking about opening the program folder in Programs and taking a look at the file latestnews.ini - sorry if I didn't write that plain enough.

At the end of that file it shows the latest update.

If you still have version 2.5 shown there I think a clean install should be performed.

Regarding the part you cannot see I do not know what is the matter there. The maximized window cannot show the offering - the minimized ought to

If you cant get it to work you could try playing around with the setting in the config.ini file in the C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IObit\Smart Defrag 2

Which by me says:

WindowWidth=750

WindowHeight=555

I have no problem!

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg

always close SD before installing new version. On SD at the bottom of the screen is " hide latest news" but cannot read below it as it is off screen tried dragging sides in to make the display smaller but they will not shrink anymore, from looking at the top of the fonts that are barley visible i think it says "free" in blue fonts but cannot read anymore.

program is set on auto.

set up file shows 2.7 as per major geeks listing, but SD programe when opened on main page and in "about" show ver 2.5.

could this explain the pop ups, anyone else got this.

Ok sunny

Please try a "Clean install"

The post where enoskype advertised version 2.7 was written 27. dec.

so if your latest update is from 26.dec. chances are that it pertains to version 2.5 I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s.

Mine says:

[LatestNews]

title=FREE Gifts for Your Family!

link=http://www.iobit.com/goto.php?id=event1

remark=FREE 2 PCs Support for Your Family Members. Get it Now!

imagefilename=

ServerVersion=

[checkupdatestime]

Lastupdate=12/27/2012 11:42:17

solbjerg

ini file shows

[LatestNews]

title=FREE Gifts for Your Family!

link=http://www.iobit.com/goto.php?id=event1

remark=FREE 2 PCs Support for Your Family Members. Get it Now!

imagefilename=

ServerVersion=

[checkupdatestime]

Lastupdate=12/26/2012 22:27:09

Hi sunny

You mean the other way round, dont' you?

From 2.5 to 2.7 :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg

deleted SD did a fresh download from the aussie link on MG all OK now I am sure it was a duff download again on MG which has now been corrected i went from earlier v2,7 to v2.5.

Hi sunny staines,

Would you please try it again by following the instructions below?

1. Clean uninstall Smart Defrag on your computer.

2. Go to the download page by clicking Free Download button on this page.

3. Click DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS button to download the Smart Defrag 2.7 setup file.

4. Manually install on your computer to see how it works.

Thanks in advance.

Hi sunny staines,

Would you please try it again by following the instructions below?

1. Clean uninstall Smart Defrag on your computer.

2. Go to the download page by clicking Free Download button on this page.

3. Click DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS button to download the Smart Defrag 2.7 setup file.

4. Manually install on your computer to see how it works.

Thanks in advance.

Hi louiskam, welcome back to IObit Forum! :grin:

Please follow Cicely's advice. Clean Install install Smart Defrag 2.7

cheers.

Archived