IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Repairs not actually made

Skywavedoug

After scanning and repairing my system ( OS Windows 8) the problems are back after I reboot and run a ASC Pro v6 scan. I repeated the scan, repair, and reboot several times and problems show up again though not exactly the same as the first time. Seems like some of the repairs are not actually being made to the system registry. Any suggestions?

After scanning and repairing my system ( OS Windows 8) the problems are back after I reboot and run a ASC Pro v6 scan. I repeated the scan, repair, and reboot several times and problems show up again though not exactly the same as the first time. Seems like some of the repairs are not actually being made to the system registry. Any suggestions?

Are you using ASC Free or ASC Pro?

Which repairs are not being made?

Could you please be as specific as possible.

Rerun Care, you can exclude Defrag. On those items showing repairs required click to bring up the detail. Write/Type them as speifically as possible. Then restart Windows, run Care again before opening any programs other than ASC. Again write/Type the repairs if any that need to be made. Note those repairs that showed up on both scans. Post them here.

There is a probably a log you can use if you don't want to Write/Type the specific repairs that need to made. I don't know which log it is. Someone else here would know. Better to use the log than write/type the repairs into Word or whatever file.

Hi Skywavedoug

I am assuming that the image with the fewer errors is the second scan, As such that is normal. Remember that the registry is being written all the time whenever you perform an action on your pc, so the mere fact that you reboot will cause new registry entries. ASC will then see old unnecessary entries from before the reboot.

Privacy sweep will see additional items if your browser was running while you were scanning. In order to do a complete clean it is necessary to turn the browser off.

Again with defrag, the mere fact of performing actions on your pc, such as scanning and rebooting will cause new files to be written and therefore a possibility of fragments. This is also dependent on the amount of freespace available on your pc.

If you run the scan and repair in expert mode for the items remaining..you should find that they will be sorted as the expert mode digs a bit deeper.

It is also unnecessary to reboot after scanning and repair. Remember, that ASC is not reporting Errors as such, but is highlighting items which it feels are affecting your pc performing at its best.

some registry keys deleted will be recreated by Windows even after you close the soft, others will be recreated after reboot, this refresh windows. Now if Junk registry keys are recreated after reboot perhaps something wrong with your Windows (perhaps presence of malware?) and hope that it is not from ASC 6

some registry keys deleted will be recreated by Windows even after you close the soft, others will be recreated after reboot, this refresh windows. Now if Junk registry keys are recreated after reboot perhaps something wrong with your Windows (perhaps presence of malware?) and hope that it is not from ASC 6

Aye ha14,

This is very true... and a good thing.:-)

Quote by Scannan:

Remember, that ASC is not reporting Errors as such
Over utilization of any tool only strips the threads. So what is the problem that you are trying to fix anyway Skywavedoug? Is your machine slow or something (what is the issue, if you don't mind)? I notice that you don't list your hardware configuration in your user CP.

Sinverely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived