IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SmartDefrag 2.7

mecanicogolf

Forget what Içve said. ASC has nothing to do with my problem. It´s an administrative problem, I am the administrator and I do not know how to get into the admin system to change my settings. HOW DO YOU DO THIS. I realize this may not be the section of the forum for this question.

mecanicogolf

Sorry to see you are having a problem. Do you have any other Iobit software on your machine, such as ASC. You give very little detail as to the eventsd leading up to the problem, other than SD will not start automatically and some of your desktop settings have changed.

Did you do anything else such as perform scans or registry clean. This info would help us to analyse your problem.

In the meantime, I suggest you do a clean uninstall of SD. Then do a system restore to a time before the issue occurred. This should resolve your desktop issues.

Then download SD from this link and reinstall it. Let us know if this resolves the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

mecanicogolf

Sorry to see you are still having issues, and I can see it is causing great frustration. However, please understand that it is important to give as much information/history regarding the problems. Your posts are vague and lacking in detail.

When you say: "I have contacted Iobit by email and wrote about a dozen emails to them and no one knows what´s going on."

What do you mean. Did Iobit reply to you and their solutions did not work, or did Iobit not reply to you at all?. Or did Iobit say they do not know how to fix the issues?.

Admin is supposed to block the installation of Gadgets, that is its function, you just need to give permission to proceed.

I cannnot understand how your system restore got wiped out by the scan, as ASC creates a system restore point before it does any changes/repairs to your system. So there shpuld be at least one restore point.

Have you tried booting in Safe Mode and performing a restore.

I will assume that you have run Antivirus and antimakware checks on your system and all is clear.

Here are some links with relevant information which may help resolve your issues.

Link 1. Link 2. Link 3.

Hi mecanicogolf

I am almost sure that your problems springs from your chosen settings.

Some of the problems sounds like they could be from the resouce saving settings.

When installing a new product it is adviseable to check all settings before running a scan and not to run an automatic function before it has been done manually a couple of times - where you have the opportunity to check "problems" and place those you need not to be cleaned in the Ignore List.

Please give us a view of all your settings - either by screenshots or by the main.ini file in ASC or the config. ini in SmartDefrag - both located in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6 or in SmartDefrag.

Also it would be helpful to know if we are talking about The SmartDefrag program or the SmartDefrag function in ASC.

Cheers

solbjerg

I give up with all this. I have contacted Iobit by email and wrote about a dozen emails to them and no one knows what´s going on. Forums don´t seem to help either. Guess I´ll just have to uninstall everything and start from scratch. I do have GEEK SQUAD available in my area. I will investigate!!!

Hi mecanicogolf... welcome by me!

The timing of your message could have been unseen by the forum leaders. (we are spread around and often reply to the most recent posts) Thus your initial post was not seen. It is unfortunate that we don't seem to have many new volunteers here lately to answer posts... so please be patient.:grin:

Your UAC (user account control within Windows) seems to be compromised

I´ve got this problem with my SmartDefrag 2.7 that I can´t get to startup on my computer, even after I´ve checked the box in the settings that is recommended
(is there only one user account on your machine?): << Windows questions.

Browser question>>

Besides that, I´ve lost my gadgets and my icons on my desktop have grown bigger since (if this has anything to do with this because it all happened at the same time)
What browser(s) are you using? These are browser objects:
I´ve lost my gadgets

What is your anti-virus and anti-malware protection? (You have not stated)

Please

OS + Computer Details:Windows 7 Home Primium SP 1

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

You say: "Admin is supposed to block the installation of Gadgets, that is its function, you just need to give permission to proceed." HOW?

Tell me how? Something has changed my settings so as I cannot install without the administrator´s permission. Hey, wait a minute, this is my computer, it´s suppose to be me the admisistrator. How do I go about changing rgese settings?

OK. I´m sure it comes from this because I cannot install other programs into my Windows startup.

Thanks for your help-

mecanicogolf

The links I gave you in my previous post answers those questions.

Hi mecanicogolf!

I am not sure now what the original issue was.:shock:

So I will restate my understanding of it...

You used to have administrator rights on your machine and now do not.

Hey, wait a minute, this is my computer, it´s suppose to be me the admisistrator.
You are trying to regain administrator rights.

You are also trying to regain control of your desktop.

my icons on my desktop have grown bigger since

This problem is much larger than just SmartDefrag as you originally posted. http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon9.gif SD (and any other program) startup problems

Scannan's links may contain the answer... Here is a relevant page from within one of them.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived