IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Many Shortcuts No Longer Work

jimwg

Just discovered that many of my shortcuts no longer function, both on the Desktop and on the Start bar of toolbar in XP. Can I mend this and is there any way to shut off the "fix shortcuts" feature?

Thanks for any hints.

Jim in NYC

Hi jimwg, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

You can untick Shortcut Fix in the Expert mode.

In Simplified Mode, if it is chosen automatically, you can click the Skip button to skip that specific Scan and untick it before fixing the others.

Cheers.

You could do a system restore to a time before the issue occurred.

You can disable the Shortcut Fix by unticking it in the Settings/General Settings/Context Menu. You should also disable it in Autocare.

Please note that it may not be the shortcut fix that is creating the issue. It could also be the Registry Fix if you have the Deep Clean enabled.

Irecommend to disable the Deep Clean as it is unnecessary for normal use, and should only be used by users who are experienced in working with the registry.

Scannan and enoskype,

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll see how it goes! Are the settings you mentioned ASC defaults? They really ought be so to keep others from unwittingly performing "repair" routines that novices shouldn't do! Now, does this mean my registry and shortcuts are now off-limits to ASC or is there a safer "lite clean" mode? It feels like my license and wallet are kind of getting short-changed if this is so.

Have a good day/night!

Jim in NYC

As with any software, it is important to go through the settings before you use it. Then you should set them to suit your particular requirements.

You can re-anable Shotcut Fix at any time, and once you have established your shortcuts again, you could try running it on it's own to see if it causes a problem.

Your registry fix is not affected. It will continue to scan and repair as per your settings/choices. If you have disabled Deep Clean as suggested, it will perform a less invasive scan and clean, which is perfectly sufficient for normal use.

I do not use Deep Clean and my registry is always clean and problem free.

:-) the most clean computer is a formatted one :-) Cheers solbjerg

Hi jim

I would rather suggest that the possibility to use the settings to configure the program to your needs is what one pays for

It is impossible to have a standard setting that can satisfy the needs of everyone unless it is so inconcequential that it really doesn't matter if you use it or not, in my opinion.

Cheers

solbjerg

Scannan and enoskype,

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll see how it goes! Are the settings you mentioned ASC defaults? They really ought be so to keep others from unwittingly performing "repair" routines that novices shouldn't do! Now, does this mean my registry and shortcuts are now off-limits to ASC or is there a safer "lite clean" mode? It feels like my license and wallet are kind of getting short-changed if this is so.

Have a good day/night!

Jim in NYC

Archived