IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Hey everybody!

cmjf0013

OK, SO the first part of all this is I got an acer netbook and I need help with it, Its got XP Proffesional on it, I got it like this, its got a smaller hard drive in it then factory and I'm having issues, I can not open msconfig and I also want to get some help getting ALL the important drivers and parts of xp I'm supposed to have, its not validated he said, the man I bought it from, he afctually gave it to me, beecause right now I am in desparete need of one. please, I don't know what else to say, I just need a defrag and msconfig to work again. I won't be able to get on again till tomorrow morning then afternoon, I am sleeping at my moms right now and she aing got internet so I have to drive to town. thanks guys

• 4 months later...
Guest I am toast!

Hey everybody!

OK, SO the first part of all this is I got an acer netbook and I need help with it, Its got XP Proffesional on it, I got it like this, its got a smaller hard drive in it then factory and I'm having issues, I can not open msconfig and I also want to get some help getting ALL the important drivers and parts of xp I'm supposed to have, its not validated he said, the man I bought it from, he afctually gave it to me, beecause right now I am in desparete need of one. please, I don't know what else to say, I just need a defrag and msconfig to work again. I won't be able to get on again till tomorrow morning then afternoon, I am sleeping at my moms right now and she aing got internet so I have to drive to town. thanks guys

Hey guys, THIS is what was supposed to be said

This was the post made by I am toast! I had to make that account, and I can not close that account, I need enoskype or another admin to help make that post my own or help me delete the other account, I see what the other two people said and I want to fix what they said. My rejoinign the forum will be hectic and I am SO sorry I have not got a clue, but to clear up confusion, I AM I am toast!, I had to make that profile to get into the forums and ask for help, and now i CAN'T GET into it, sorry.

Enoskype I am going to message you as promised, I need your help, thanks

OK cmjf0013,

No more "I am a toast" account.

I left the post of "I am a tost" so the readers of the thread will not be confused.

Your other thread is moved here, there is no need for another thread so you can continue to discuss in this same thread.

Although the date is wrong, OP is you as cmjf0013 .

Cheers.

OK cmjf0013,

No more "I am a toast" account.

I left the post of "I am a tost" so the readers of the thread will not be confused.

Your other thread is moved here, there is no need for another thread so you can continue to discuss in this same thread.

Although the date is wrong, OP is you as cmjf0013 .

Cheers.

thankl you Enoskype, I have been having problems with this lately and I think I got it now lol, but thank you. anyways, back to the problem at hand. Can I just download the msconfig files? or is there a way to get windows 7 on here free? It HAD windows 7 starter on it

If your OS was crippled due to you not entering a valid registration key, I don't think replacing files like msconfig will do anything.

In terms of free W7, unless someone gives it to you there are no free versions.

Your only free option for a OS as far as I know is Linux which may be a good option if you can't afford a Windows OS.

Sorry but since it said something about the license key, you might need to install a new one. Also there will be lots of advantages when using W7 over XP. icon_smile.gif

Sorry but since it said something about the license key, you might need to install a new one. Also there will be lots of advantages when using W7 over XP. icon_smile.gif

the thing I am worried about is I tried to get him to put 7 on it and thta didn

't work out, it was really slow. I want it now though. so what do I do now?

its gotta a smaller drive

It sounds like theres not got enough RAM to run W7.

You could run a program called Sysinternals, its got a lot of tweaks in it, was originally written by a couple of exMS boys.

Roy

It sounds like theres not got enough RAM to run W7.

You could run a program called Sysinternals, its got a lot of tweaks in it, was originally written by a couple of exMS boys.

Roy

could you help me find a link? and whats the difference in windows 7 starter and the other versions? I could look it up but I have a bad internet connection right now:x

?

cmjf0013 http://forums.iobit.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

IObit Golden Fan

http://forums.iobit.com/images/ranks/PlatinumFan.gifhttp://forums.iobit.com/images/ranks/PlatinumFan.gif

I'm curious mate.When you click the 'start' button and see a search box,have you entered 'run' and a command box will be found where you click on it and enter 'msconfig.exe' ? Works a beaut for me but I have Win7 Ultimate.

Try it and let me know if you can even do that! :-)

-Cowboy

Archived