IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why doesn't MF catch ad.yieldmanager.com???

I was not sure what "ad.yieldmanager.com" is, so I found this information:

I think it's only a Tracking Cookie.

(Evidently it can be removed and blocked with Browser-Options Cookie-manager)

It would depend on which Browser you are using, as to exactly how that would be done.

An internet Search should provide that information, (pretaining to your Browser version)

See Link:

http://www.malwaredictionary.com/ad-yieldmanager-com/

Cookies only half the problem

AFAIK, a cookie cannot open a popup, it can only contain a string. I am getting popup ads served by ad.yieldmanager.com blocking the cookie might stop it for now, but they can always just change where their content is served from.

The malware that is opening the popup is what I am after, it is associated with ad.yieldmanager.com

Sorry, but a Cookie can Do Anything, that the programmer of the cookie Want's it to. :-?

To completely block them you need to Turn-Off cookie downloads in Windows Browser.

(Tools, Internet-options, Privacy, as Enoskype said)

Or Best thing is just to Not go to websites that upload Tracking and Ad cookies.

IObit can Not make a program that shuts-down websites that upload Tracking-cookies. :wink:

Maybe....

He might try 'Do Not Track' (a program),just google it.Or if he runs Firefox,get the 'Ghostery' addon extention... :wink:

-Cowboy

Sorry I can't give the links right now,I'm testing an open source browser from Source Forge called 'Dooble' that hardly allows anything (depending on how you set it up). :mrgreen:

He might try 'Do Not Track' (a program),just google it.Or if he runs Firefox,get the 'Ghostery' addon extention... :wink:

-Cowboy

Sorry I can't give the links right now,I'm testing an open source browser from Source Forge called 'Dooble' that hardly allows anything (depending on how you set it up). :mrgreen:

I don't know if it is the same basic app as Do Not Track but there is an extension for Firefox named Do Not Track Me. Ghostery is a nice extension:smile:

• 4 weeks later...

Why doesn't MF catch ad.yieldmanager.com???

enoskype,

Thank you for this explicit information! :wink:

WriterJC

As Toppack points out the easiest way to block those on Internet Explorer is going to:

Internet Options=>Privacy=>Sites

and blocking:

yieldmanager.com

adyieldmanager.com

ad.yieldmanager.com

Cheers.

Archived