IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IMF and Windows 8 With Multiple User Accounts

I have multiple user accounts for each of my W8 Pro computers. It appears that IMF works only on the account from which you installed it.

For example if I nstall IMF for user Jane on computer #1 and set up a user account for Bob on computer #1 IMF appears to run only for user Jane. When I log into user Bob IMF does not show up in the notification area of the Windows Task Bar. I tried starting it using the app file in the IMF directory but to no avail.

I did not try installing IMF for user Bob to see if that would solve the problem. I would hope you don't have to do this and I would think a license would be per computer and not per user.

Hi Buddahfan,

Currently, IMF is fully functionally under the user account which has it installed. If you have multiple accounts on one computer, you can try to install IMF under each account use the same one license code to register to Pro version.

The registration limitation of our license code is per computer. not per user account.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

Hi Buddahfan,

Currently, IMF is fully functionally under the user account which has it installed. If you have multiple accounts on one computer, you can try to install IMF under each account use the same one license code to register to Pro version.

The registration limitation of our license code is per computer. not per user account.

Cheers

I will give it a try later and get back as to the results

How about the rights of the users Buddahfan? Are they the same?

Although I have not tried it yet, even if it is also installed for the other user in the same PC, it shouldn't need a separate license.

Cheers.

One of the great mysteries of Windows; i.e. user rights. I have never mastered the technique of manually assigning user rights in windows.

As far as security level goes. Both users have the same security level.

I need to look further into ASC Pro and see what I need to do there if anything to make it work for both users.

Hi Buddahfan,

Cheers

1. The problem with IMF 2 Beta appears to be when two (multiple) users are simultaneously logged in. The UI shows up for the first user logged in but not the second and I would imagine not the third and so on (I have no intention of having three users logged in simultaneously) even though the Windows Task Manager shows the IMF processes running. However if I log out of the first user and then log into the second user everything appears to be fine.

2. No apparent problems with ASC Pro with two users.

Hi Buddahfan,

Currently in this version, the UI of IMF will only show in the first user account you log in even if you have installed it under multiple user accounts and running it under multiple user accounts simultaneously, as you have tested.

But I have forwarded your concern to our product team for consideration. Thank you for taking this issue to our attention. We will keep improving our products.

Cheers

Hi Buddahfan,

Currently in this version, the UI of IMF will only show in the first user account you log in even if you have installed it under multiple user accounts and running it under multiple user accounts simultaneously, as you have tested.

But I have forwarded your concern to our product team for consideration. Thank you for taking this issue to our attention. We will keep improving our products.

Cheers

As always thanks for your prompt response and support. Hopefully this fix will in place when v 2.0 is released.:?:

Administrator account

Hi All,

not sure if this might solve the issue, for W7 & W8 and XP Pro, (multiple users).

If you download the prog>>> via the administrator account<<<,

then hypothetically, (gosh thats a big word), any and all rights would be dictated by the group policy assigned by the administrator, for each individual user.

IMF would then be running in the background under the admin account.

Roy

Archived