IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

When Smart Defrag programmers are going to take notice of those?

enoskype

Hi Cicely,

I wonder what should I do to attract the attention of Smart Defrag programmers on couple of points shown below?

This is the umpteenth time I am suggesting those to be fixed!!!!

Still, nothing about the items I list is changed in the version Smart Defrag 2.8.0.1211 which is released today!

1 ) The sizes of columns for:

| Volume | Status | Free/Total Size | Automatic Defrag | Boot Time Defrag |

Which could be resized by the user, should not revert to default sizes, and should be remembered by SD v2 program after the SD v2 program is closed and restarted. (Please see the attached images.)

2 ) The size of the map area for the colored squares on the main GUI:

Should fit to the adjusted GUI size by the user, and should not be in original small height when closed and restarted. (It does fit when you just try to adjust the GUI size. It is a real, perfect bug. :evil:) (Please see the attached images.)

3 ) The languages:

If the programmers are not going to use the most recent language files, why did we create Multi-language Translations thread in General Forums section?

Not only that, but I have sent the language file for SD 2.8.0.1210 (which is the same for 2.8.0.1211) on June 15, 2013 directly to IObit.

The version SD 2.8.0.1211 released today and downloadable from Major Geeks today does not include the new language files. :evil:

Do I have to register with a new alias to the Forum and try to be a nagger?

All the best and cheers. :lol:

Hi enoskype,

Sincerely thank you for your good suggestions. I have reported all of them to our Smart Defrag Product Team. These suggestions are quite reasonable and valuable. :-D

For suggestion 1,it will be improved as you described in Smart Defrag Pro version. ( Smart Defrag Pro version is on the way).

For the second bug, it is a little weird. I tested it and I met the same issue as you did. However, it is quite hard to repeat the bug. Anyway, we will look into the bug further and try to solve it asap.

For the Multi-language, I am sorry that we could not update the Multi-language when only a slight update in our products just like SD 2.8.0.1210 to SD 2.8.0.1211. Guess you know the principle as our great Administrator for years. But we will try our best to update the language timely. Thus, the Multi-language of SD will be updated in Smart Defrag Pro version, too. Sincerely thanks for your reminding.:wink:

And our dear enoskype, we are so sad and nervous to see your anger. :-(We know you will be angry is because that you care for IObit and treat it as your kids. You do not want to see IObit make mistakes. We will try our best to not let you down. Wishing your smiling face. :-D

OK Cicely, it seems that I have atracted the attention of IObit programmers at last. (Hopefully!) :-o

You are right, I always want IObit to go in the better direction too, but the worst part for me is the inconsistency. (In my standards.)

I do remember that some of the IObit products included the new language files with minor updates, even if the files were delivered just 1 or 2 days prior to the release. Also, SD 2.8 has a major language difference with SD2.7 (Which didn't have the Action Center at all.) and SD 2.8 is first released on 14th of June 2013.

I will bet that SD Pro will include more strings in the English language file and the existing, most recent, unused language files for SD 2.8 will not be correct for the upcoming Pro edition.

BTW, since we are talking about SD Pro now, how about that:

The content of the attached images are taken from the most recent page from MajorGeeks and the Features, written by MajorGeeks, of course, are taken directly from IObit. What a pitty, now how can I show a smiley face for consitency?

Perhaps here, when I say cheers. :-) ...:lol::lol:

Well, I think the treatment is like treating grandchildren, as my kids used to listen to me and did what I said, but my grandchildren even doesn't listen to me. Ha ha ha ha....

Hey, I am joking......;-) Cheer up! http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12592&stc=1&d=1372753170

Hi enoskype and sunny staines,

Yeah, you did attract the attention of IObit programmers and the suggestions have been implemented in Smar Defrag Pro Edition.:grin: You know IObit always attach importance to your suggestions and feedbacks, for you always notice details and give us good ideas. Cheers.:-D

Certainly, Smart Defrag free will exist forever. And for the language, we will try our best to ensure users can get the latest languages when update. Thanks for your reminding, we have updated 11 Multi-languages in the SD Pro version. We will pay more attention to update language for all IObit products.

sunny staines, in Smart Defrag pro, it adds Fast Smart defrag to let users can defragment efficiently and user can also defragment registry files. There are other slight changes that make Smart Defrag Pro better.;-)

Another few problems i see in the Smart Defrag 2.8 is that when the program is done defraging it is suppose to go to the Report page automatically.But 90% of the time it will go to the dumb Action Center which is dumb to have in Smart Defrag and ASC i do not see the point in having an Action center when it is going to cause more problems then it fixes.

Hi Cicely,

• Columns' size remembering is half solved in Smart Defrag Pro (2.8.0.213).

• The BUG for map size at start of SD is still there!

• Well, it has more strings in English.lng than SD2.8.0.211. :razz: The new translation from me is at THIS post. :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers.

Archived