IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Replace windows disk defragmenter

ektorbarajas

Hi Cicely.

My point is that if indeed Windows Defragmenter is completely disabled, hence letting SD take care of ALL the defragmentation.

If for some reason Windows Defrag keeps doing some defrag, then this would mean that some optimizations done by SD will get undone by windows defrag.

So I just want to be 100% sure that when this option is checked, windows defragmenter is completely and absolutely disabled.

Thanks

I really would like to know if by activating "Replace windows disk defragmenter" option, SmartDefrag completely disables windows defragmenter.

I was wondering this because I've noticed that my computer in the morning is auto-defragmented by SD, and about 1200 files are defragmented, then in the evening SD autodefrags again my drive and about 500 files are defragmented.

I'm not sure if the fragmentation happened due to the normal use of my computer or because windows built in defragmenter has worked my drive between SD autodefrags? :?:

In case that Windows Defragmenter is not FULLY disabled by SD, then this turns into a big issue, because the drive first is optimized / defragmented by SD, then windows defragmenter undo what SD achieved and then again SD optimizes and defrags the drive again. This results in an excessive and unnecessary drive wear (if that's what really happens).

Would appreciate a response from iobit

it's important to mention that Disk Defragmenter service is set to "Manual".

That's why I'm worried.

To my understanding, when Installing SD and enabling "Replace Windows Disk Defragmenter" option, the service should be changed to "disabled"

Would appreciate further information from IObit about this.

Thanks

Hi ektorbarajas ,

Sorry for my late reply.

"Replace Windows Disk Defragmenter"does not mean " disable windows defragmenter". If you ticked this item, it means that you will run SD to defragment your PC when you right click a disk to defrag. Please refers to the attachment to see what I meant.

For the auto-defragmented by SD should be due to the Automatic Defrag. You can change the related settings to meet your requirements.

I noticed that you posted a lot of threads about Smart defrag and they are helpful to improve our products. Tons of thanks. Cheers. :-D

• 3 months later...

Archived