IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Site malfunction

dev3

• 4 weeks later...

dev3

Because there is no error as such. It clearly says:

"Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 is compatible with other security software, and it includes all features of ASC PRO. Users who uninstall Advanced SystemCare PRO during Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 trial can easily revert to ASC PRO at any time.

Which is informing users that if they download the ASCU6 trial, they can revert to ASC Pro any time they wish.

Yes, Iobit could now remove that statement because ASCU7 is now available, but I do not think it is a high priority.

Maybe they will do it now, because it is causing you so much annoyance.

Hi dev3 and Scannan,

@ dev3, Sorry for my late reply. For the issue you mentioned, it is not an error as Scannan said. But now It should be "Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 is compatible with other security software, and it includes all features of ASC PRO. Users who uninstall Advanced SystemCare PRO during Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 trial can easily revert to ASC PRO at any time." now. Because SCU7 is now available.

Thanks Scannan's timely and clearly explaination.

I will imform our product team to correct asap.:-D

• 4 months later...

IObit ASC7 is definitely a MALWARE (banned for Spigot.com)

I can now confir, that ASC 7 is officiallyt recognized as a malware, for the way it installs "Spigot.com" which installs silently EVEN if we refuse it.

Spigot.com is known as runing in stealth mode, it steals your data, it causes lots of troubles in your browsers (stealing LOT of CPU to compute somethinf unknown, most probably to compute new Bitcoins...) it is also pinging lots of advertizers sites (including pong.com).

Spigot also installs a stalth component in Office (blocking several security updates, including updates to .Net 4.5 where it attempts to install an older version invalid for the host system, notably .Bet 2 on Windows 7!!!) and locks the normal security updates for Windows and Office.

Spigot modifies legitimate scripts, causing many sites featuring input forms to transmt everything you attmpt to type to another server.

Spigot is a DANGEROUS spyware.

Chrome and Firefox are now ***BLOCKING** ASC 7 downloads. Microsoft has also blocked ASC7 also because of Spigot (causing lots of troubles reported to Microsoft with customers failing to install securty updates)...

Stop immediately distributing Spigot, they are lying to you (but Spigot.com is almost only distributed by ioBIT, I think it is made in fact by the same company).

I consider now banning all IObit products. Definitively. IObit has lied to us.

My own analysis to the data transmitted to the network (about 2 or 3 requests per minute each time you move the mouse over a browser window even without clicking any link, or in any applications displaying some HTML UI!!!) is that it transmit lots of personal data without consent.

I have NEVER authorized Spigot to install. IObit installer installs it even when we refuse it.

The "official method" to remove Spigot.com, as indicated on its support site is just fake !!!! This site lies everywhere. Even if we perform the indicated clueanup, the component is still active. It is also hiding its own registration in the registry for system startup, it hides its own installation folder in the Windows Explorer, it hides itself in ASC tools

ASC Antimalware is just junk only made to allow Spigot to install and take the place of other malwares.

Note: if you delete this message in this forum; this is not the only place where it has been posted. Either IObit considers immediately stopong all relations with Spigot.com and drops it, or IObit will rapidly see a worldwide campaign against it.

We already have enough serious problems on the Internet with abuses (e.g. with the Heartbleed bug, now being exploited, or with the 145 MILLIONS accounts stolen on eBay: all users in the world, or millions of users of Sony websites, millions of caccounts stolen in famous faming platforms, lillions of accounts stolen in almost all major webmail providers....) that we cannot support that a compony like IObit sells hardware just to lie to us, and steal us data abusively.

Even if IObit is not located in US or Europe, it will be easy for European and US authorities to block all financial transactions with IObit and start law suites against it. IObit must react immediately or it will be rapidly out of business; it must reply to users and act more responsibly.

In the next few days, ASC will be cleaned up by several antivirus tools.

Spigot is the dangerous tool, but aSC is also dangerous as it attempts to reinstall it siliently when we just click the "Optimize" or "Repair" button of its interface. Really really bad !!!

Hi verdy_p ,

Sorry to hear that you treat ASC as malware.

There should be some misunderstandings.

First, ASC is a system optimization software to help users maintain and speed up PC. It is well-known that ASC is secure and useful.

Second, from your another post http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=100668#post100668, it is found that you treat "Surfing protection" as "Spigot.com". It is really not true.

Surfing Protection is to protect against various online threats to ensure your surfing experience instead of malware. It has nothing relationship with "Spigot.com". Besides, if you do not want it, you can uninstall it with IObit Uninstaller in the tool Box of ASC.

Hope the above explanation can make everything clear. :wink:

If you still have any other issues, please feel free to tell us.

Archived