IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Help needed to regain volume control and sounds

JKT

Hey Guys ,, Could use a little help to regain my volume control and sounds ,, Been using Advanced System Care 6.4 for a while now with no problems . Till I finally decided to click fix all in action center ( Malware Fighter 2 & Drive Booster ) Before I started had no problems what so ever with volume and sounds ( videos , computer sounds , volume control ) , but after installing , something went wrong and I have no sounds ! Anyone have any suggestions on how to regain volume and sounds??? This is an older computer , Realtek High Definition Audio , version 5.10.0.5034 ,, Device manager wizard says this is the best version to use , when trying to update driver . What the heck happened ,,

JKT

Welcome to the world of Realtek drivers. They are notorious for having issues when updating drivers. Sadly, people should leave drivers alone unless they are causing actual problems. This updating of drivers simply because you can is a recipe for all kinds of problems.

I have had issues with my Realtek audio driver in the past, and the only resolution was to go my laptop manufacturer ( in my case Toshiba Satellite Pro) and download the recommended audio driver for my machine. This was of course a Realtek driver, but was the original for my nachine. Once I downloaded it I had to run the install 3 times, rebooting the pc each time. After the third install it worked fine and I kept the downloaded driver for future use should I run into problems again. This happened only once and I simply ran the driver install again and everything was fine and still is.

You can also try reverting back to previous driver which you can do through windows. This sometimes solves the audio driver issue by rolling back to the original driver and undoing the updated driver.

Hi JKT,

I agree with Scannan all the way.

If there is a problem with sound, most of the time it is better to start from the beginning uninstallling the driver an let Windows find your hardware. (You have to have the setup file from your manufacturer though in case the problem persists.)

Let's continue here if you have tried RealTek 2.70 driver package for XP sp3 and "Scan for hardware changes" didn't help.

Cheers.

Hi JKT

Welcome to IObit forum. :-D

First of all, let me thank enoskype and Scannan for their immediate reponse and correct answer. :-P

If your PC still has the same issue after trying all above methods, please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send the zip file to support13@iobit.com with URL to this thread.

Nice weekend to all. :lol:

Have Had The Same Issue...Prefer Manufacturer Website

I have had the same issue with Driver Booster on my new laptop running windows 8.1 (also experienced the same issue with Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows Vista...a long time ago. :roll:) with the realtek audio drivers. While the realtek drivers are not the only ones I've had issues with, it has been just a few drivers. Since I build my own systems and decide what sound cards, graphics cards, etc., any program that was able to determine if any of my systems drivers needed to be updated seemed to cause me more problems in certain areas and worked great for everything else. Audio and graphic drivers always seemed to be hit the hardest for me, along with network drivers. I finally decided I didn't want to continue having to correct problems from whatever program I was currently using that helped keep drivers up to date and I would check the manufacturer's website for my specific model and download it directly from their site. This was by far the best way to make sure I did not have the problems I was finding myself running into. I also found that when a program listed a driver that needed to be updated and checked the manufacturer's web site, there was actually not a newer driver out and I already had the most current driver available. It's helped me out quite a bit to check what drivers are listed as needing to be updated. Every system is different and some programs scan devices by the manufacturer name and then you get generic results back which if you know the specific model of the device, you can determine quickly whether or not you actually do need to update your driver. Knowing what you have in your system can make all the difference in the world sometimes and it has saved me a lot of frustration and time. This has just been my experience and I still use Drive Booster; I just always check my drivers out before I proceed with any updates. It has worked well for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Holleywood,

Welcome and thanks for all your explanation.

For your concern, we have forwarded all of them to our programmers for further improvement, and we are always trying our best to make Driver Booster much better than ever.

If you have any question or suggestion, please come here.

Cheers :-D

Archived