IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 3 bug

Rsandy

I just installed ASC3 on my laptop and every time the program starts it increases the brightness of my pc. To fix this I always have to go to display properties and click the color tab of my graphics card adapter(Intel® GM/GME Graphics Controller). I tried the recommended user interface settings of the program(options-->user interface-->transparency & brightness to recommended settings) but that didn't fix the problem.

I even tried it on a friend's laptop with an ATI graphics card but it does the same thing.

Both systems are running windows xp sp3.

Any ideas?

This program always manages to mess up the display somehow. Even the previous AWC 2.xx used to turn my start menu flat when I do any optimization as if I asked it to! This is the only program so far that always interferes with the display of a pc whether you like it or not. Strange!

Rsandy

Remember always to configure details before repair!!

Cheers

solbjerg

This program always manages to mess up the display somehow. Even the previous AWC 2.xx used to turn my start menu flat when I do any optimization as if I asked it to! This is the only program so far that always interferes with the display of a pc whether you like it or not. Strange!

Thanks guys for your responses but I am not a newbie; I always do a clean install and I always configure and check before repair. Also, I never use this program for optimization so I always uncheck optimization right after install because I learned long ago from using AWC 2.xx that clicking OK = F###up my display settings. As I mentioned earlier AWC used to turn my menus flat as soon as I click OK to some minor optimizations.

Now, ASC 3 with a brand new bug makes the display so bright that it blinds the eyes as soon as it starts. Initially, I thought it was my system then when my friend installed it on his system and got the same thing I knew that it was a problem with ASC.

Ok Rsandy

Please put the optimizations that you don't want in the ignore list.

As you are no newbie I suppose that you have checked your colour settings? And likewise have let Windows choose the best settings for your computer?

Do you use the white interface of the program - then try using the black, or try using the white with more transparancy.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks guys for your responses but I am not a newbie; I always do a clean install and I always configure and check before repair. Also, I never use this program for optimization so I always uncheck optimization right after install because I learned long ago from using AWC 2.xx that clicking OK = F###up my display settings. As I mentioned earlier AWC used to turn my menus flat as soon as I click OK to some minor optimizations.

Now, ASC 3 with a brand new bug makes the display so bright that it blinds the eyes as soon as it starts. Initially, I thought it was my system then when my friend installed it on his system and got the same thing I knew that it was a problem with ASC.

I don't let windows choose anything for me, may be you do. I set my own preferences but that's not the issue. The issue here to simplify it for you is AS SOON AS I START ASC, THE SCREEN BECOMES VERY BRIGHT BEFORE DOING ANYTHIG. And "yes" I changed the UI to black and to white and played with the transparency and brightness in ASC settings but without any luck. Any other bright ideas?

Hi Rsandy

Windows runs your computer, don't it? And I often try out how the settings of Windows works, it even sometimes repairs a bad setting.

About the very bright screen, how is that possible with a black interface?

Is it the whole screen or just behind ASC? What are your colour settings?

Also what is your optimizing settings, daily use - or -?

Cheers

solbjerg

I don't let windows choose anything for me, may be you do. I set my own preferences but that's not the issue. The issue here to simplify it for you is AS SOON AS I START ASC, THE SCREEN BECOMES VERY BRIGHT BEFORE DOING ANYTHIG. And "yes" I changed the UI to black and to white and played with the transparency and brightness in ASC settings but without any luck. Any other bright ideas?

Hi solbjerg

All my desktop turns brighter; meaning every thing behind,over and under ASC turns very bright (desktop, taskbar, toolbars, etc.). My desktop color settings are:

Gamma: 1.4

Brightness: -25

Contrast: 44

Color: All

ASC UI settings:

Transparency: 0 (all the way to the left)

Brightness: 0

Theme: Black

I don't know what you mean by optimizing settings but if what you mean is system optimization option in ASC options, they are:

computer optimization: daily use(home user)

Network optimization: DSL

Additional(computer on a network domain): unchecked

Thanks for your response.

Hi Rsandy

There is a setting in properties for the screen that says hide states that cannot be shown correctly, this should as standard be activated.

Have you looked at that too?

What theme do you have for your desktop? The xp setting? (try refresh) or a personal current setting? (try refreshing that then)

I have gamma 1

brightness and the others are set to 50% except saturation which is 0

(Nvidea desktop)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg

All my desktop turns brighter; meaning every thing behind,over and under ASC turns very bright (desktop, taskbar, toolbars, etc.). My desktop color settings are:

Gamma: 1.4

Brightness: -25

Contrast: 44

Color: All

ASC UI settings:

Transparency: 0 (all the way to the left)

Brightness: 0

Theme: Black

I don't know what you mean by optimizing settings but if what you mean is system optimization option in ASC options, they are:

computer optimization: daily use(home user)

Network optimization: DSL

Additional(computer on a network domain): unchecked

Thanks for your response.

Hey solbjerg

hide states that cannot be shown correctly is already checked so no problem there.

I use vistaxp theme and never had a problem with it either.

My diplay settings have been like this for years and never had a problem with them. I installed hundreds of programs on my pc before and none of them ever messed up my display settings. Only ASC manages to mess up my display settings as I mentioned earlier. I think there is a problem with the brightness parameters for ASC where 0 doesn't really mean 0 and 100 doesn't really mean 100. May be the programmer needs to adjust the absolute values for the brightness. I am just guessing at this point but thanks for your input.

Ok Rsandy

We must hope some programmer at IObit looks into this.

But I still think that there must have been some optimizing that wasn't put into the ignore list.

But there were quite a bit of difference between my display settings and yours, perhaps you do not use Nvidea?

By the way I get a lighter brigther blue colour for just a second or so when I open IE 8 beta - in the upper part of the window

Cheers

solbjerg

Hey solbjerg

hide states that cannot be shown correctly is already checked so no problem there.

I use vistaxp theme and never had a problem with it either.

My diplay settings have been like this for years and never had a problem with them. I installed hundreds of programs on my pc before and none of them ever messed up my display settings. Only ASC manages to mess up my display settings as I mentioned earlier. I think there is a problem with the brightness parameters for ASC where 0 doesn't really mean 0 and 100 doesn't really mean 100. May be the programmer needs to adjust the absolute values for the brightness. I am just guessing at this point but thanks for your input.

Hi Rsandy,

I don't think this will relieve you, but on one of my laptop with XP Pro sp3, brightness option doesn't have any effect at all, on the other hand, on another laptop with Vista Ultimate, it perfectly works as designed.

Although I believe that it is a consequence of different hardwares, I agree with you that ASC 3's brightness function must be looked after by IObit.

Cheers.

outside chance

HI Rsandy-I did some looking around, and came up with an idea for you-why not go to your manufacture's website,and check for driver updates? Regardless of the age of your pc-remember, a pc that you bought six months ago could have twelve, or even eighteen month old drivers in it! If I remember right,your friend's pc was identical to yours,right? The reason I suggest this, is one, because every forum I've searched points to driver issues related to bright screen conditions,and two,because it's a safe course of action where the worst case scenario would be: your problem is not resolved,but your drivers are up to date and one more variable has been taken out of the equation-give it a shot-what do you have to lose?

EDIT : http://www.egem.com.tr/downloads/bravo.gif

My drivers are all updated and "no" my friend's pc is not identical to mine; he has an ATI graphics card and I have Intel®.

Solbjerg, of course my display settings are different than yours because I don't have them at default and my graphics card is different than yours.

Anyway guys, thank you for your ideas.

Just updated to ASC 3.0.1 and this is still not fixed.. My license expires in DEC.and all I can think about is how IOBIT made us wait almost a year while they experimented on us or should I say our computers with their Betas and RCs and when it is finally released and the bugs are still in the program and they can't even answer a simple question a paying customer ask....... "WHY SHOULD I RENEW'

Hi rsvejkosky,

I believe that, you are being in the Forum nearly from the beginning, and being a user of Pro version for one year, you are the only one to answer the question "WHY SHOULD YOU RENEW?".

And, I do not agree with you that IObit experimented with us or our PCs, since I can not remember of them asking or making us to use the Beta or RC versions, but in the mean time we happily used the wonderful small utilities in ASC. They also did a wonderful job maintaining and updating Advanced WindowsCare, not to mention Smart Defrag!!!

Coming to the matter of bugs, why do you think MS releases Service Packs?

Don't you think you are a bit unfair to IObit?

How about their great effort of trying to make ASC3 one of the best utilities?

I would like to ask you to reconsider your comment.

Thank you in advance.

Me too

I just installed ASC3 on my laptop and every time the program starts it increases the brightness of my pc. To fix this I always have to go to display properties and click the color tab of my graphics card adapter(Intel® GM/GME Graphics Controller). I tried the recommended user interface settings of the program(options-->user interface-->transparency & brightness to recommended settings) but that didn't fix the problem.

I even tried it on a friend's laptop with an ATI graphics card but it does the same thing.

Both systems are running windows xp sp3.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times, after the first time I got smart and went with the black theme and not the white and now everthing is black and white. I went back and tried to reset to the Windows XP theme and it is still black and white. I want my "LEGO" Colors back. I have read the other posts. I looked for the driver updates and it told me I have the most current one. If I shut down the program and make it not run from the start up my "LEGO" colors come back, as soon as I start your last program 3.1 everything turns black and white. I'm sure that I can read more of it's my fault and not yours. I am American and have learned to live with that.

Archived