IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows not responding

Octavian

Process of computer "not responding" appears in Windows 8.1. What is when a program is not responding, and how can prevent Windows from not responding?

There are a milion reasons why a process may not respond, depending on the type of process, such as .exe/.com/system etc..

It can be due to a failed driver, a corrupt .exe file, a missing .dll, a damaged program, etc...etc...

You can stop windows from not responding, by fixing the process which is causing the problem.

Additional..

There are a milion reasons why a process may not respond, depending on the type of process, such as .exe/.com/system etc..

It can be due to a failed driver, a corrupt .exe file, a missing .dll, a damaged program, etc...etc...

You can stop windows from not responding, by fixing the process which is causing the problem.

As well as what Scannan said do...Please 'End Process' via task manager,check services tab on Task Manager to make SURE the affected program has ALL instances removed...

Then re-start the Program/Service you want! :-D

-Cowboy

As well as what Scannan said do...Please 'End Process' via task manager,check services tab on Task Manager to make SURE the affected program has ALL instances removed...

Then re-start the Program/Service you want! :-D

-Cowboy

I know this, I want to know how prevent computer from not responding. Is only one method (to end the task) when task is not responding?. Exist a special tool that prevent windows from not responding?

Further...

I know this, I want to know how prevent computer from not responding. Is only one method (to end the task) when task is not responding?. Exist a special tool that prevent windows from not responding?

No Octavian,afraid not. :sad:

Best you can do other than all the above is keep drivers up to date,maintenance regularly....and REBOOT clears the cobwebs out! :wink:

-Cowboy :-)

check disk type 2

Hi All,

MS has come up with another system check. For W8/W8.1, (OEMs no longer ship W8)

for even better results

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

into administrator command prompt & let it finish, then run sfc /scannow.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...

You need to check first what file is hanging up. If it keeps on repeating, something might be corrupt and that's the time that you will search online for the file that is affected. Causes could be a lot of things. But it solely depend on which file is affected. icon_smile.gif

You need to check first what file is hanging up. If it keeps on repeating, something might be corrupt and that's the time that you will search online for the file that is affected. Causes could be a lot of things. But it solely depend on which file is affected. icon_smile.gif

Files are not corrupted, but I observe that responding of tasks depends on the computer hardware and depends from version of installed program. For example I like Sfari browser for windows, this browser was not updated from 2012, I do not use this browser often but sometimes Safari is not responding.

Thank you for suggestion.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Have experienced this a couple of times and actually it is really frustrating the more when you are in the middle of a job that is needed to be done ASAP. I maybe one of the few who would rather use the hammer if things continuously not work as it should. But nonetheless, your advises/recommendation will be kept in mind. Thanks you!

Archived