IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Iobit are not Listening

Scannan

Once again Smart Defrag 3 has decided to install itself on my pc. This is the fourth time. I have been very patient, but my patience have run out. I do not want SD 3. Too bugggy. I am very happy with SD 2.9.

I seriously resent Iobit deciding what program I should use on my pc.

Unless Iobit stop trying to force me to do what they think is best for me, I will remove their programs.

This is not hard. Allow users to make their own decisions. You can still make all the recommendations you want, but at the end of the day the decision must rest with the user. This is how you generate loyalty.

• 2 weeks later...

My problem is even worse

I un-installed Smart Defrag 3 because I changed my HD to SSD. However, Smart Defrag 3 keeps re-installing itself back. I even used IObit Uninstaller to remove Smart Defrag 3. But it keeps coming back....

Hi Scannan and vett93,

Sorry to hear that.

@ Scannan, originally, to let our users can enjoy the new features and improved functions, we help our users to update to the latest version. Now since there are still some users that want to keep the old version, we listened to voices of users and will stop updating to the latest Smart defrag 3 automatically tomorrow. But users with Smart Defrag v2 will still get the update notification and they can choose to update it or not. Thanks for reporting the issue again and help IObit make the correct decision. ;-)

@vett93, I have replied your question in the post http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=16715

Hi Scannan and vett93,

Sorry to hear that.

@ Scannan, originally, to let our users can enjoy the new features and improved functions, we help our users to update to the latest version. Now since there are still some users that want to keep the old version, we listened to voices of users and will stop updating to the latest Smart defrag 3 automatically tomorrow. But users with Smart Defrag v2 will still get the update notification and they can choose to update it or not. Thanks for reporting the issue again and help IObit make the correct decision. ;-)]

Cicely

Thank you for resolving this annoying issue. I am sure users will be much happier being able to make the decision for themselves.

I am happy to see Iobit listening.

Hi Scannan and vett93,

Sorry to hear that.

@vett93, I have replied your question in the post http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=16715

Hi Cicely,

I am not sure if you read my posting correctly. I do NOT want Smart Defrag 3. Your response suggested that I click the "Fix All" button on ASC to install Smart Defrag. Please help me to stop Smart Defrag 3. My computer has SSD and it does not like defrag.

Thanks.

Hi vett93,

Thanks for your reply.

In my post I Said " did you click " Fix All' button in action Center of Advanced SystemCare? If you did, it will help you install Smart Defrag to give you more optimization. "

Thus, if you do not want Smart Defrag 3, please uninstall it and do not click the " Fix All" button in the action Center of Advanced SystemCare.

I did not click "fix all" in ASC

Thanks for the clarification, Cicely. But I did not click the "fix all" button on ASC. SD v3 just re-installed itself. It happened to two of my computers. Note that I have 6 computers running ASC Pro and I really like it. But SD v3 keeps coming back....

• 2 weeks later...

root cause found

It happened again today. Apparently, it was caused by IObit's malware fighter. If I don't scan the computer for a few days, the malware fighter will have a pop-up with a "fix" button. Apparently, it installed SD 3 as well.

So I got rid of malware fighter since I have Norton already.

Hi vett93,

Thanks for your feedback.

For Smart Defrag 3, there is " Automatically check for updates" in settings. You can tick it or not to decide whether to check the updates automatically.

For IObit Malware Fighter the issue you mentioned should be for the Database. To help our users can protect your PC from the latest threats. We update the database of IObit Malware Fighter every 2 days. Thus, the " fix" button should ask you to update to the latest database.

Sorry to hear that you have uninstalled it.

If you have any other confusions, please feel free to tell us. :wink:

Archived