IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

BSOD: Intel(R) Management Engine Interface driver

ektorbarajas

Hi.

I installed Driver Booster 1.4.0.61 on my work desktop (windows 7 32 bit pro), it found 13 outdated drives, I performed the update and after rebooting the computer it was starting fine, the desktop was already displayed and the tray icons were being loaded, then suddenly a BSOD. :cry:

I used windows repair and restore, and was able to restore my computer before the driver updates.

Used the program "WhoCrashed" for easily analyzing and detecting the root cause and found the following (don't know why the time is 1:22pm, the real time was 8:22am):

On Tue 5/13/2014 1:22:44 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\051314-16582-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: teedriver.sys (TeeDriver+0xC2C4)

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFFFFF8C670F3C)

Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\teedriver.sys

product: Intel® Management Engine Interface

company: Intel Corporation

description: Intel® Management Engine Interface

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: teedriver.sys (Intel® Management Engine Interface, Intel Corporation).

Google query: Intel Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Tue 5/13/2014 1:22:44 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: teedriver.sys (TeeDriver+0xC2C4)

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFFFFF8C670F3C)

Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\teedriver.sys

product: Intel® Management Engine Interface

company: Intel Corporation

description: Intel® Management Engine Interface

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: teedriver.sys (Intel® Management Engine Interface, Intel Corporation).

Google query: Intel Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Attached is the minidump.

Would appreciate if you check this, don't know if it's an issue with Driver Booster that identifies the drive incorrectly, or a issue with the Intel driver.

I will attempt to use again DriverBooster BUT at this moment will not update the Intel Management Engine Interface driver.

Thanks

Hi ektorbarajas,

Please check my thread Wrong Driver Updates from Driver Booster 1.2 ???? and see if there is any similarity with the Intel® Management Engine Interface driver compatibility.

This driver is hardware dependent, so please check the relevant IDs in the details of the driver for the compatibility.

I still keep that driver in the Ignore list.

One has to be very careful to update this driver, it is nice to hear that you were able to revert back to normal operation.

The other driver of mine, which was in Ignore List before, does not show for a need to update anymore by DB.

Cheers.

Attached are a couple of screenshots

The first one shows the driver version, here the info in text:

Driver Provider: Intel

Driver Date: 12/17/2012

Driver Version: 9.0.0.1287

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

The second screenshot show the Hardware Ids:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_04AD1028&REV_04

Hope this additional info helps with this issue.

Need to know if the culprit is Intel providing bad drivers or Drive Booster that incorrectly identifies it.

Thanks

Hi ektorbarajas,

Please do us a favor.

Please go to Settings and remove the driver in ignore list, then run scan but do not update.

And then please download the tool http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe .

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get a DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop.

Please send that file to support9@iobit.com so that we can further look into the issue.

Thanks for your help:smile:

Hi ektorbarajas,

We have removed the driver from Driver Booster database.

Please ignore the device Intel® Management Engine Interface in your Driver Booster.

About the email issue, we are still working on it.

Thanks a lot for your help.:smile:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived