IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASCU7 Implementation of Driver Booster

I have ASC Ultimate 7 (ASCU7) and generally am quite happy with it. However I am less happy about the recent implementation of Driver Booster.

Previously I had ASCU version 6 which had an excellent driver manager integrated and allowed me to update, back up and reinstall my drivers perfectly well. However now in version 7, the existing driver manager has been removed and replaced with Driver Booster. Booster is supposed to be better but what it really does is it removes existing functionality i.e. one can no longer back up ones drivers and nor can I see how I would be able to restore the previous driver back ups I made with Driver Manager unless I now buy Driver Booster Pro!!!

We the customers are now lumbered with Driver Booster which repeatedly and insistently tries to push and push one to buy it as a separate product. The whole reason we were sold ASCU in the first place was that it was touted as a comprehensive all in one solution to PC care. Now we appear to be being charged twice, largely for functionality we had already paid for. This feels more and more like the way one might expect ransomware to behave.

Every time I switch my PC I now get a 'nag screen' flash up telling me to upgrade to the latest version of Booster. The screen only offers two options either update now or update later. This really is third class pushy sales technique and should be beneath a company like Iobit. I have some 60 plus programs on my main PC, just imagine what would happen if they all decided to implement nag screens to sell every little petty product tweak they decided to break off and charge separately for. All customers of Iobit should be worried because Smart Defrag and Iobit Uninstaller appear to be going the same way!!!

Come on Iobit, hold to the customer values that got you this far.

Hi ffireblade,

Thanks for your feedback.

Driver Booster added new feature and improved a lot on the basic of Driver Manager. For the "upgrade" situations of Driver Booster, I will report it to our product team for consideration.

By the way, it is free to update to the latest version of all IObit products.

Thus, you can update to the latest Driver Booster 1.4 from https://www.dropbox.com/s/inw6v3j716j0n3n/driver_booster_setup.exe

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Driver Booster

The 'free' upgrade appears to be only to the latest free version of Driver Booster i.e. to the free version that is included within ASCU 7 but that version is free to anyone in any case, even if they don't own ASCU7 and is the proclaimed 'upgrade' that this thread debates?

Also, on the subject of the ASCU's included version of Driver Booster as opposed to the version of Driver Booster Pro which is now sold as a separate product. I notice Iobit claim the Pro version is up to 300% faster than the free version. However even this claim seems suspect. Indeed it appears rather the opposite way round. The 'free' version of Booster included in ASCU, appears to have been deliberately choked down to be up to be 300% slower than the pay for version! Downloading a single driver update on the free version can take up to half an hour or more even with a good broadband connection! Whereas downloading the same driver manually would likely take 5 minutes without Iobit's involvement at all.

I can't help feeling Iobit's sales and marketing has overtaken it's technical innovation. I'm starting to look for other manufacturers products, which is something I never thought I'd have said just a year ago.

Hi ffireblade,

Thanks for your reply.Sorry to hear that you will look for other products.:cry:

For the situation you mentioned, we would like to make some explanation.

Driver Booster is an indepent product that does not belong to ASC Ultimate. You can run Driver Booster in the Tool box of ASCU . But it does not mean Dirver Boosted included in ASC U.

If you have Driver Booster Pro, it will be much faster to update a driver.

If you have any good ideas about the issue you mentioned, please feel free to tell us and we will make improvements.:wink:

"Wow" - you express your frustrations really quite well and make a great argument! Indeed I too feel the marketing team has way too much clout in the final product releases of Iobit software. Loved your use of the term "ransomeware" below! I had not come across it previously but understand exactly what you mean! So sad the marketing team has so much unconscionable clout... :? Ultimate when it came out was something I could recommend to friends.... yet someone high up in IObit could still assert a conscience and be a real Leader.

Cheers,

I have ASC Ultimate 7 (ASCU7) and generally am quite happy with it. However I am less happy about the recent implementation of Driver Booster.

Previously I had ASCU version 6 which had an excellent driver manager integrated and allowed me to update, back up and reinstall my drivers perfectly well. However now in version 7, the existing driver manager has been removed and replaced with Driver Booster. Booster is supposed to be better but what it really does is it removes existing functionality i.e. one can no longer back up ones drivers and nor can I see how I would be able to restore the previous driver back ups I made with Driver Manager unless I now buy Driver Booster Pro!!!

We the customers are now lumbered with Driver Booster which repeatedly and insistently tries to push and push one to buy it as a separate product. The whole reason we were sold ASCU in the first place was that it was touted as a comprehensive all in one solution to PC care. Now we appear to be being charged twice, largely for functionality we had already paid for. This feels more and more like the way one might expect ransomware to behave.

Every time I switch my PC I now get a 'nag screen' flash up telling me to upgrade to the latest version of Booster. The screen only offers two options either update now or update later. This really is third class pushy sales technique and should be beneath a company like Iobit. I have some 60 plus programs on my main PC, just imagine what would happen if they all decided to implement nag screens to sell every little petty product tweak they decided to break off and charge separately for. All customers of Iobit should be worried because Smart Defrag and Iobit Uninstaller appear to be going the same way!!!

Come on Iobit, hold to the customer values that got you this far.

The 'free' upgrade appears to be only to the latest free version of Driver Booster i.e. to the free version that is included within ASCU 7 but that version is free to anyone in any case, even if they don't own ASCU7 and is the proclaimed 'upgrade' that this thread debates?

Also, on the subject of the ASCU's included version of Driver Booster as opposed to the version of Driver Booster Pro which is now sold as a separate product. I notice Iobit claim the Pro version is up to 300% faster than the free version. However even this claim seems suspect. Indeed it appears rather the opposite way round. The 'free' version of Booster included in ASCU, appears to have been deliberately choked down to be up to be 300% slower than the pay for version! Downloading a single driver update on the free version can take up to half an hour or more even with a good broadband connection! Whereas downloading the same driver manually would likely take 5 minutes without Iobit's involvement at all.

I can't help feeling Iobit's sales and marketing has overtaken it's technical innovation. I'm starting to look for other manufacturers products, which is something I never thought I'd have said just a year ago.

Archived